28

Thanksgiving is in a couple of days and Colby's flying his family out today. He's been a nervous wreck but he's been trying to hide it. "Babe, this is your fourth time cleaning your room in the past hour. I'm starting to worry." I speak up as he wipes off his desk. "I'm scared to mess it up." He told me as he stopped.

I check the time and they should be landing in an hour. "When should we go to the airport to pick them up?" I ask as he quickly checks the time. Now he looks super stressed out. "Uhm, now will be good." He said putting his shoes on. I do the same and grab my phone. I get off the bed and follow him out the room.

"I'm going to pick up my parents and brother! Be back later!" He yelled throughout the house. There were a chorus of noises that came from around the house which made me laugh. We get into his corolla and pull out of their driveway.

I put on his favorite music so hopefully he will calm down. "I thought I was gonna get more nervous than you." I will admit, I am pretty nervous. I just don't wanna show it in front of Colby because he's on the verge of a panic attack.

"Me, nervous? Psh." He said as he drove to lax. I put my hand on his thigh to hopefully calm him down. "You know I care about you right? I hate seeing you like this." I pout as he takes my hand off his thigh and laces our fingers together.

"I care about you too baby." He smiled while keeping his eyes on the road. It took us awhile to get to lax because of the traffic. We got there around one so we had to wait around twenty minutes. I feel like the longer I waited, the more I got nervous. I didn't know if they were gonna like me or not.

His brother was coming too so I was scared to impress him. I had my head on the back of the chair as he scrolled through his phone. "My dad just texted me saying the plane landed and they're about to get off." Colby said speaking up. I take a deep breath as we stand up to wait for them.

After a minute, I see a man, a woman, and a guy that looks like Colby. I saw Colby smile as he got their attention. "Hey Colby!" His mom said coming up to hug him. He went through and hugged everyone, which I found super cute. "Guys, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Breann." He said introducing me to them.

"Honey, she's a lot prettier than you explained over phone." His mom said looking at me. I started smiling and blushed as she complimented me. "Thank you, and I can see where Colby got his good looks from." I say making her smile.

She brought me into a hug and wrapped her arms around me. I was tense at first but I gave in and wrapped my arms around her. "I love you already, I'm Lesa." She said pulling away. "Bree, this is my older brother Gage and my dad Adam." Colby spoke up as I shook their hands. (I couldn't find anything on Colby's dads name so I just made one up. Sorry guys)

"It's really nice to meet you guys." I say putting my hands in my pockets. "You too sweetie." His dad smiled at me. "Here, I know you guys had a long flight, let's drop your stuff off." Colby told everyone as we started walking.

Colby and I helped them load their stuff in the car when we get to it. When we drove home, they talked about some stuff that's been happening in Kansas. I wanna go one day, just to see everything.

We pull into the trap house to see everyone still home. Colby was letting them stay in his room while he stayed on the couch in the living room. "Do you live with everyone too?" His dad asked as I helped them unload.

"No, I share an apartment with my best friend, Skyler." I answer as he nods his head. "I told you about Skyler, she's dating Jake." Colby said as he got the last of it out.

We walk in the house to hear screams from the entertainment room. It sounds like Corey is playing Rocket League. "I'm sorry about them." Colby said to his family as he screamed to everyone. The first person I saw come out of the entertainment room and walk through the kitchen was Sam.

"Hey Sam!" His mom said as Sam walked over to give her a hug. He was wearing his typical black jeans and long sleeved shirt. He hugged everyone as he caught up with them.

"I think they like you." Colby whispered in my ear as I smiled. We were standing shoulder to shoulder and it made me feel safe.

All the other other roommates came in to say their hellos. "Hey, Bree and I are gonna take your stuff up to my room." Colby said as we grabbed their stuff. We carried it up the steps and up to his room.

It's crazy to think that just a few months ago, we were pranking Aaron and I was meeting everyone for the first time. We sat everything in his room and looked at it like we were out of breath.

"You really think they like me?" I ask looking at Colby. "Yes baby. I know my mom loves you. I mean who doesn't?" He asked coming over to me. He put his hands on my waist as I put mine around his neck.

I loved this feeling. I feel so safe when he's around me. I stand on my tippy toes and kiss his lips quickly. I pull away so if his parents walk in, they're not walking into us kissing.

"Let's go back down so they don't get worried." I say lacing our fingers together. We walk downstairs to see everyone talking to each other. "Hey son, we were just talking about how we've never seen la before." His dad said told him as his mom had hopeful look to her face.

"Yeah, I can give you guys a tour." Colby said grabbing his keys. "Breann, are you gonna come with us?" Gage asked as they looked at me. "I would love to but I don't want to intrude." I place some hair behind my ear out of nerves.

"You won't be intruding. Plus I wanna get to know you more." Lesa said as I sighed. I just couldn't say no. "Yeah, is that alright Colbs?" I ask looking up at my beautiful boyfriend. "Yeah, of course. We can start at the Hollywood walk of fame." He said as we walked outside.

We were chorused by a bunch of byes from everyone as we piled in the car. I sat up front with Colby so I can help him with traffic because it's usually bad at this hour. When we got there, we got a parking spot and got out of the car.

"So, Breann, what do you do?" His dad asked as we started walking to the walk of fame. "I make vlogs, my brother helped me set it up." I explain to him.

"Who's your brother?" Gage asked flipping his hair. He reminds me of Colby so much. "Brennen Taylor." It's like everyone's jaw dropped when I said that.

"He's a cutie, I didn't know that was your brother." I could see Colby shake his head while laughing when she said that. "What'd you do when you were in high school?" His dad was asking a lot of questions, which I didn't mind.

"I was apart of the chorus and I did track." I tell him as he nodded his head. We talked about a bunch of random things but mostly funny moments of Colby's childhood.

"I need to get my nails done." Lesa randomly said while walking down the sidewalk. "I know a really good nail place down the street if you wanna go sometime you're here. It'll be on me." I say looking at her.

"Yeah, why don't you girls have your own time while us guys do our thing." Gage said as we agreed. We said our goodbyes and I gave Colby a quick hug. "Call when you're done, we can get something to eat afterwards." Adam said as we walked away.

"I'm happy you're dating my son." Lesa spoke up which made me feel better inside. "Me too, you did a pretty good job at raising him." I tell her honestly. Hopefully when we get our nails done, we get to bond.

"Don't tell him I told you this, but I think he's really into you." I put a strand of my hair behind my ear because it was windy when we walked. "I mean yeah, he likes me a lot. Or at least I hope so." I laugh a little as she looks at me.

"I think he loves you. And I think you love him too." She had totally got me off guard. "How can you tell?" I ask as we stop as we wait for traffic to cross.

"I can tell by the way you two look at each other. Like you have this bond and unspoken connection to protect each other. You guys care about each other deep down." She explained as thoughts rushed through my head.

Could Colby love me and have this bond with me? Could I love him? We've known each other for what seems like years but it's only been months.