body switching

Velma's protoplasm managed to find her body. When she got back, Velma was knocked back to the ground and the monster left her body. The monster growled and Velma sat up and looked at it. Bright dots then began appearing all over the monster's body until it finally exploded. Velma reached into her pocket and grabbed her glasses, putting them on. She was left shocked at what she just saw. She got up and saw two protoplasmic heads coming. She went into the hallway where Daphne and Stephanie were walking with a group of people.

"Yo, yo, yous, yos" Velma said. Daphne and Stephanie turned to look at her. They walked towards her and Velma shoved them both into the room next to them. The two protoplasmic heads followed. One went into Stephanie and the other into Daphne. Daphne landed on the chair and Stephanie fell to the floor. Velma went to the window as the two monsters left Steph and Daph. "You could use a little sunlight!" Velma opened the blinds. The two monsters were covered in the bright dots before they exploded. "That's one part of the mystery solved. The creatures must need our bodies to survive in sunlight. Like a human suit. SPF one million. What are they doing here in the first place?" Velma noticed the way Daphne and Stephanie were staring at their hands. "Daphne? Stephanie? You two okay?"

"Yeah, but I'm not Stephanie!" Fred's voice came out of Stephanie's body.

"And I'm not Daphne" Peter said, his voice coming out of Daphne's.

"Fred? Peter?" Velma asked.

"We tried to get to our bodies, but we panicked and didn't know where else to go" Peter/Daphne said.

"He's right. It's not easy to steer when you're pure spirit" Fred/Stephanie said. He/she looked down and smiled to himself/herself. Stephanie's body was wearing nothing but a bathing suit with a pink cover up and sandals. "Hey, I can look at myself naked" Velma and Peter/Daphne both looked at each other with exhausted faces.

"Oh brother" Velma said.

"Dude" Peter/Daphne said. The two walked out together. Fred/Stephanie looked down again. He/she pulled at the cover up, peeking inside it and smiled to himself/herself. He/she caught up with Velma and Peter/Daphne.

~

"I can't believe this is happening!" Stephanie said. She had ended up in Fred's body and Daphne went into Peter's body.

"I know. This is so gross" Daphne/Peter said. She/he began touching her/his arms. "Maybe this isn't all that bad. Does Peter work out by any chance?" The two of them caught up with Velma, Fred/Stephanie, and Peter/Daphne. Fred wouldn't stop touching Stephanie's body, just as Daphne wouldn't stop touching Peter's arms.

"Get your hands off of me!" 

"Stephanie?" Velma said. She then looked at Peter's body. "I'm guessing you're Daphne then"

"Huh-huh" Daphne/Peter said. She/he was still touching her/his arms. Peter/Daphne noticed.

"Is there any reason you're touching my arms like that?" he/she asked. 

"He planned this somehow, didn't he?" Stephanie/Fred accused Fred/Stephanie. He walked over to himself/herself and began checking himself/herself out.

"Hey, good looking" Fred/Stephanie said. 

"Fred, you egocentric--"

"Please tell me you guys are you" Shaggy said, joining his friends. Stephanie/Fred looked over at him.

"Fred, keeps touching me!"

"Kind of makes you nostalgic for the homicidal creatures doesn't it" Velma said. 

"I stole this" Shaggy said, placing the Daemon Ritus on top of a rock. "I hope it helps"

"The Daemon Ritus" Velma leaned in close to it. Suddenly, everyone's protoplasm came out and went into a different body.

"Hey, I'm me again" Daphne said. 

"Yippee for you" Velma said, her voice coming out of Fred.

"Man, like why am I wearing a dress?" Shaggy asked, his voice coming out of Velma. Stephanie looked down, currently occupying Peter's body.

"I swear I had a dream like this one time" she/he said.

"I thought we talked about having cold pizza before bed" Peter said in Stephanie's body. Stephanie/Peter looked at herself/himself and shrugged. 

"Everyone remain calm" Fred's voice came out of Shaggy. He held his hand up and pointed at Velma. "Velma, the heck's going on?" Shaggy/Velma was currently rocking his/her hips from side to side, occasionally looking under the skirt. Velma/Fred spoke up.

"If my calculations are correct, due to the fragile nature of unstable protoplasm in the proximity of the Daemon Ritus, we're simply going to keep randomly changing bodies until--" The protoplasms switched bodies again. "Until the protoplasm realigns with the appropriate bodies" Velma was now inside Shaggy.

"I'm Fred again!" Stephanie/Fred said, stomping her/his foot on the ground.

"Oh Daph" Shaggy was in Daphne's body. He/she was rubbing his/her stomach. "What's wrong with you? Don't you ever eat?" 

"Dang Velma" Peter/Velma said. He/she had taken off his/her glasses. He/she squinted and looking around, not able to see a thing. "You have really bad eyesight" Peter/Velma put his/her glasses back on, only to see Stephanie touching her body again. "Fred, you're in Stephanie again, aren't you?"

"Make him stop it!" Stephanie/Fred said.

"With any luck, our protoplasms will go back into the appropriate body the next time they switch" Velma/Peter said. The protoplasms all switched one last time before going back into the appropriate body.

"I'm me!" Fred said.

"I'm back!" Daphne said.

"Like, me too!" Shaggy said.

"Told you so" Velma said. 

"Thank God. I was getting tired of Fred having his hands all over me...or my hands all over myself?" Stephanie said, furrowing her eyebrows. There was sudden loud noise and large burst of fire that showed up in the distance.

"What was that?" Peter asked.

"I don't know. Let's go check it out" Velma said. The six of them went over to investigate.