#15 Scheming in the dark

Finch was now fuming with anger. He didn't even know what to say. He was belittled by just a puny guard. He never expected something like this. He gave a light signal to his own guard, to just scare Ethan and Emma. The reason the guard was here, inside the office was specifically for this reason. As soon as the guard got the queue, he smiled sinisterly inward and started emitting an invisible pressure.

It was so called aura. When a person was strong enough in any field, he would get this ability to just intimidate lower ranked people.

As soon as the aura reached across the table and was heading towards Emma, Ethan moved his eyes from Finch to the guard and said normally.

"Don't bother with that little aura of yours. You can't do anything in my presence." As soon as Ethan was finished, the guard felt as his throat was being grabbed by someone. Now his eyes were full of shock.

Ethan didn't have the aura like martial artists which they create after so much pain staking struggles.

His was just simple a killing intent that he felt right now for both Finch and the guard. He knew they were up to no good. They dared to attack his women, whom he was even protecting. It was unforgivable!

Finch was just staring at his own guard, who was all purple as if he couldn't breathe. He knew that it had something to to with the guard standing beside Emma.

"Miss. Macloy, my apologies. Can you ask your guard to stop now." His voice and tone was much better than before. He wasn't overbearing nor was he showing disrespect.

"It's okay now." Emma said softly. As soon as Ethan heard those words, he felt like all the bad things in his mind were dispelling. Her voice was like a lukewarm charm, that calmed his mind down.

Without any notice, the pressure on the guard suddenly vanished like there was nothing at all from the beginning.

Finch knew that now wasn't the time to talk about this land and about Emma as he was already losing here. But he had to do it anyway.

"As you know why I am here, you should just answer me straight forward." Finch said more courtesly this time.

"And my answer is still no Mr. Finch. I'm not going to give you this land, nor the other place you have been asking." Emma said in a business type tone. Finch knew he wouldn't be able to win the situation like this. He had to find some chip, to use against this proudy young miss but he couldn't think of one.

Finch was trying to get another chance, so he could find something. He just wanted Emma to set another meeting.

"As I have already said, No. Its that simple. We are not going to give this land." Emma said again.

"Well, then our meeting is concluded." Finch got up from his chair, shot a glance towards Ethan and left.

****

After leaving the room, Finch dialed a number. Soon it was connected.

"Yeah, why are you calling me little toad?" A male's voice was heard on the other side.

"I have a work for you, and it won't be cheap at all." Finch said as a grin was on his face.

****

As soon as Finch left, Ethan went and sat on chair. Manager also came in. He was looking a little worried but Ethan didn't pay attention to it.

"Young miss, are you sure that you don't have to ask the elders? Last time too, elders were a bit upset about your own decision making." The lackey said. When Ethan heard it, he was angry.

Wasn't this manager lackey of Emma? Then why is he persuading her like that. Shouldn't he just stand beside her, in her every decision like a good lackey?

"You don't have to worry about those small matters, I'll handle the elders. This land is very important for us and that cave too." Emma said in a reassuring tone. Manager didn't continue anymore. He looked at Ethan, who was just lying on chair like he was in his own room. Lackey got more angry but he couldn't do anything.

"Ethan, now that you are my guard, you have to follow me around all day haha." There was a bit happiness in her voice. As today, her deal went nicely.

"I don't mind young miss. As a guard, it won't be any trouble." Ethan said while giving a nice blooming smile.

"Good then. We are going to mansion, as I have some matters to attend to, you can also come." Emma stood up from her seat and picked her bag up. She was nicely dressed like always. She was really a beauty to behold. Ethan also got up. A Mercedes Benz s class was parked outside. The lackey opened the door for young miss. Ethan went and seated himself on front seat. The lackey was also the driver of young miss.

This lackey is an all rounder for Emma. He sure will have a huge pay. Ethan was thinking about stupid stuff as the car started and went on its way.

****