#18 Max

After passing through hall, Ethan arrived in dinning room.

It was a sight!

Different kinds of dishes, all looking so delicious that Ethan thought that if a person was sick with 'im not gonna eat for whole life' disease, he would also break the rules and eat. It was just too aluring. It wasn't like Ethan was poor to afford good stuff but still he was dazzled.

In the dining room, there was long dinning table. He looked around and saw only one familiar face and that was of his young miss, Emma. He observed a bit for better understanding and noticed that the elders weren't here. And he saw many new faces or to be accurate new young faces. There were around 11 other people on the table. There was no one older than Emma. Ethan was curious about as if they were all siblings. As he looked at their names he was abit taken back but he still didn't pay attention. Because there names were ..

"Members of Macloy Family"

And their levels were also not that great. Ethan just couldn't tell why these young folks weren't training or something. Because when he saw the manager dude and the bodyguards of elders, he was sure that these people were not normal. But now seeing that all these young nibbas were not that powerful. Their levels were around 6-7 which was ..just average.

As Ethan was going to stand beside Emma, she signaled him to sit on one of a chair. Ethan also didn't show any formalities and sat down. As soon as he sat, he looked in front of him across the table and his mouth couldn't just close. It was first time for him. There is always first time for everything but this kinda first time was really something to Ethan.

As he was staring at a 11 y/o kid so hard, Emma couldn't help but cough lightly.

Ethan also noticed that he was impulsive just now.

"Ahem .." (cough)

"My apologies but i was taken back by ...how cute he was. Yes cutee haha ..", Ethan tried to find a excuse while scratching his head. Other people ignored him thinking of him as some weirdo and Emma looked at him for a bit then beckend to start the lunch.

Nothing happened during the lunch. It was nice for Ethan too as he used to eat alone. A good change of pace for Ethan. He ate enough food for almost 4 people. Emma didn't pay attention to him and everyone else also ate their own. But the kid across the table was looking at Ethan as he was looking at some barbarian. As Ethan was eating so badly, without any manners and secondly, the first impression he had put on the boy.

The boy made a mental note to be away from Ethan forever.

Ethan finished his lunch and patted his stomach and barped to show his satisfaction. Emma just shook her head and other members didn't pay attention. Lunch was ended and everyone returned to their rooms.

"Hey kid wait up." As everyone already left and Emma was going too. Ethan stopped that kid.

The kid started sweating. He was sure now that this new guest or man was some kinda bad guy who was after him. He started walking a bit more fast.

As Ethan saw that the kid was moving fast now, first he was confused then he was amused. 'so the lil' guy is afraid ..haha' Ethan thought to himself.

*Shuaa*

Ethan's body blurred and he appeared beside the boy.

"So kid what's your name?", Ethan asked mischievously while grinning. It was like grim reaper to the boy.

"Uwahhhh"

The kid was so afraid that he started running while crying. Ethan just stood there without moving. Kid didn't even look back. He ran straight to his room without any care. He entered the room and locked the door.

"Huff--"

As he was going to sigh a relief , a voice knocked him out of his good dreams.

"Your room is quite good kid. Wow so you're a fan of one piece too ...yeahh cool kid.", Ethan was checking his room. He was already there.

Ethan asked the system to scan the building and route the room of kid. After that he arrived before the kid could.

The kid was going to pee his pants. He didn't know what he did to get a grim reaper on his back but he was sure that something was going to happen to him today.

Ethan was so amused by looking at kid's reaction that he didn't want to end this cat and mouse play anymore. But he became serious.

"So kid, what's your name?", This time Ethan's voice didn't have any playfulness.

"It- it's max", the kid knew that nothing would be good now if he didn't answer. So he just answered Ethan.

"So Max, I'm not gonna do anything to you so just chill. I just wanted to ask you some questions that's all.", Ethan's tone was same but it was more assuring this time. Max didn't believe Ethan completely but he still was a bit relieved.

"Hey system, scan the kid", Ethan asked the system in his mind to scan the kid.

"Beeep ..not able to scan the target due to interference. Please get in contact with the target."

This was the answer he received before too. That's why he chose to talk to kid.

Ethan walked upto the kid and grabbed his wrist.

"System?"

"Beep .."

After a little beep a few characters flashed above Max.

"Max (member of Macloy family)
Level 13"

It wasn't anything special except for his level that was quite nice for an 11 y/o kid.

"System why couldn't i see his level before?", Ethan inquired the system in his stern tone. He was also quite shocked before because it never happened before.

Seeing strength of people was the real plus point Ethan enjoyed. So when he couldn't see, he was shocked and curious at the same time.

"Beep ..target is wearing something similar to fox mask to hide his information."

****