#33 Meeting once again

So warm.

Haven't felt this warm since ..I don't remember. But where is this warmth coming from. I want to know.

But .. why is it so dark. Why can't I see anything. Where am I?

I want to see.

Emma was in a trance kind of state. Due to too much pain she went into to semi comma. It wasn't dangerous to her. As she regained her consciousness, she felt the warm energy revolving in her meridians.
Suddenly her eyes opened up. She looked around.

Still in office ..

She looked in the room and noticed Ethan sleeping on chair. His clothes were a bit dirtied but nothing else changed.

"He is sleeping young miss. Should I wake him up?", As Emma still was digesting everything, she heard her manager's voice.

She looked upward side of couch and noticed him standing there. As Emma tried to get up, she felt a sharp pain in her belly.

"Ouch"

"Young miss please let me ..", the manager helped Emma up to sit. As she sat, she now noticed a warm and soothing current in her belly. It wasn't just in her belly, it was revolving. But it was giving a warm sensation to her. She liked this sensation.

"How are you feeling young miss?", The manager asked softly. He could tell that she was now okay but he didn't know if there were any side effects or not.

"I'm fine. Why is he sleeping?", Emma asked softly too, but by her tune, it was visible she wanted him to get up.

"Actually young miss when you were asleep. ..", manager slowly accounted everything to her. From the point he was forced to kneel to the point where Ethan asked him to identify the assassin.

Emma's eyes were opened too. She was surprised. She knew Ethan was stronger than your everyday cultivators but she still was surprised. "Chopper" wasn't some easy going opponent. Even she had heard about  him. He was a top notch killer. And the way manager told her, Ethan was playing around with him.

He couldn't even see Ethan?

"So where is he now? Ran away?", There was still surprise in her tune. But she calmed herself.

"Actually no ..young miss. He ..", manager stopped till her.

"He what?", Emma asked as she was thinking why so drama.

"He was killed by Ethan. Ethan couldn't get any information about the hirer but he killed him without even blinking eye."

Oh ..

Emma looked at Ethan without saying anything. The manager dude also stopped talking. Hi himself was terrified by Ethan's strength and his way of handling things.

Emma stood up and tidied her clothes. "We are leaving. Wake him up.", Emma said this much and walked out of the office.

As manager was going to wake Ethan up, Ethan suddenly got up. Manager was scared and took a step back.

Ethan didn't say anything and left the room. Manager cleaned his sweat and followed behind.

Emma was tired so she asked to go home and the manager was obviously her driver so he took her back home. Ethan was also going to tag along, as part of his duty but surprisingly Emma gave him off time.

Ethan didn't mind it. He also needed off time to check a few things. He wanted information about the card but he didn't have sources. He didn't ask the manager guy because Ethan didn't know if this card would be something good or not.

System scanned the card but didn't have any information related to it in system so Ethan had to look for someone now.

As he was thinking of who to ask, a face surfaced in his mind.

He owes me alot...hehe

****

It was night and Ethan was strolling in the market. He was looking for Morgan. The thief dude. Ethan was sure that this Morgan knew alot of things. Well more than him for sure. So Ethan asked system to scan Morgan's aura. Of course Morgan couldn't be in market everytime but Ethan was lucky that system could feel aura even if its some days old.

So according to system, Morgan was roaming the market around 2 days ago. System couldn't pin point his exact location. And when Ethan asked system to tell exact location he knew he was asking of impossible and he even imagined system sayin 'am I a joke to you' to him.

But now Ethan was thinking of what to do. He didn't have much time to spare. I should stay in market for tonight. I don't need sleep anyway.

Ethan looked at a huge building and the next moment he appeared on top the building. He wore his black foxy mask and sat there looking down towards market.

"System keep scanning the market."

As Ethan was going to lay back and rest, he suddenly noticed something. He didn't notice it before but someone was already on this building.

Ethan looked at his left side and saw a girl. The girl was unboxing her dinner to eat. Obviously she bought it just now. It was on a cheaper side.

Ethan kept looking at girl who was around just 14 years old.

Oh ... that's why.

Ethan saw her level and suddenly remembered who she was. She was the same girl that he saw in the valley that day with the subordinate of lord Benjamin.

Should I approach her?

"Gurrr"

Damn why did my stomach had to rumble right now!

Oh well can't be helped.

Ethan went to the girl and sat opposite to her. As he saw she didn't decline, Ethan also didn't say anything and started eating. As there were two spoons to began with.

Ethan didn't unmasked himself but to took bite, he had to adjust the mask. The girl looked at him for a bit but didn't say anything.

"Burp"

"What's your name?", As Ethan was done with food, he thought of having chit chat with her

"..."

She kept looking at Ethan as she was thinking of something.

My mask is okay right? Ethan adjusted his mask again.

"You .."

Hah?

"...were there that night."

*****