#31 First time using ability

"Congratulations to host for getting ability/superpower. Does host wanna check the ability?"

As Ethan read this notification, his mind was dead. He was just too excited. He couldn't wait any longer and clicked on yes without thinking.

"Congratulations to host for getting the ability "the jumper".

The jumper?

What is that?

Where is sharingan?( naruto reference)

Where is hakii?( One piece reference)

Where is tailed beast?( Naruto reference)

Where are devil fruits?( One piece reference)

System are you kidding me? You are just shit. You want me to murder you? Are you out of your mind? You made me so hopeful and then you gave me what?

"Ughhhh, I'll destroy you one day system. You better start counting your days."

...and there was no answer from the system.

Oh well ..what is it?

[Ability: The jumper]
Host can jump to places in his view.

"..."

"Teleportation? Is this same as teleportation system?", Ethan asked the system as he wasn't sure if it was good or bad anymore.

Beep ...

"Jumper is a bit different from teleportation. It is at a low scale as compared to teleportation."

Oh makes sense.

Beep..

"Does host want to activate the ability?"

"Hahah of course -- wait!", As Ethan was going to agree, he thought of another thing.

"Hey system can I use other abilities too in future or will I be stuck with this one?", Ethan asked as he thought of different possibilities.

Beep

"Host can use and activate other abilities in future but two abilities can not be used simultaneously."

Oh ...

So its like a switch. Switch on one ability and the other will be turned off and vise versa. That's ...

Dope!!

I can change abilities by just thinking and that would be it! I'll be one hella powerful dude!

The world domination isn't far! I mean saving the world is in my hands now. Yep.

Ethan clicked the yes button and he didn't notice anything different.

Did it work? Should i give it a try? But right now isn't right. Emma is there and the manager too. I should keep some cards up my sleeves.

As he was pondering about it, he scanned Emma with his aura and noticed the Energy in her body. He was sure she was alright now because ..

"Level 1 Young miss"

Her level increased.

*****

"So this is the place where that young miss or whatever is? What's she even doing here without even any powerful man protecting her. That Finch brat did say that she had a new young dude beside her. But how much powerful could that dude be?", It was the assassin that was hired by Finch to kill Emma.

"Let's get over with this job. Damn I got quite a high price from him hahah"

"Swishh"

His speed wasn't slower than that old man of bailey family. His level was lower than him but his speed truly was astonishing. No one could tell if he had some kind of speed up skill or some item but still it was much better.

****

As Ethan was still feeling good about himself and Emma, he felt a strong aura approaching at a fast pace towards the office.

"Doesn't seem familiar. Oh well isn't much stronger than that man from bailey or whatever family.", Ethan used his own senses to guage the power of chopper(assassin).

"Nice! A person walked himself to my doorsteps to check my new power hahah"

The manager didn't feel anything amiss. He wasn't that strong plus he still was in dazed from the earlier shock.

Ethan got up from his seat and the pressure on manager disappeared. "Look after young miss. Someone is looking for a beating."

Ethan's figure vanished from the room and he appeared outside around a km away. Of course the manager was able to see that much far. He was at lost as for what Ethan meant but after a little while he saw a figure right beside Ethan.

Ethan could see that far? How did he know?
Manager was pondering about it.

Ethan looked in front of him and saw a man in blue jeans and white T-shirt closing in. He was also wearing a yellow bandana to hide his face. His dressing style was mediocre to be told. His built was nice and he wasn't too bulk. The man also noticed Ethan standing. First he was surprised but when he couldn't feel anything from Ethan, he knew this was going to be troublesome.

He wasn't a fool to think that Emma would hire a simple young man to be her bodyguard and that bodyguard of Finch was also defeated in a single move. So chopper stopped and become vigilant. He took out a dagger from his back. The surface of dagger was silver and shiny. It looked so sharp as if to cut a leaf. This dagger wasn't simple at all.

"Whoosh"

As chopper thought that he was prepared enough, Ethan's body vanished. It didn't blur, but he literally vanished. Chopper was shocked. His eyes and mouth couldn't close.

How fast is he?

Chopper looked around him everywhere but he couldn't even see Ethan's shadow. He really was disturbed by this sudden disappearence.

Suddenly chopper felt a chill, he knew he was dead if he didn't move from this place. Nobody knew if it was his instinct or pure coincidence, his body moved a bit right and he barely dodged the punch to his head.

Ethan jumped right above him. It was a teleportation related ability. So Ethan just looked at space above chopper's head and thought of moving there and next moment Ethan was right above the assassin.

The ability rocks!

"Damn I missed.", Ethan stood upright as his punch missed. But he wasn't dejected because he wanted to check the ability.

Chopper was paled. He didn't know how Ethan appeared there or even how he couldn't feel any energy even when he was so close to him. But he was a veteran and and steeled his will.

"Who are you kid?", Chopper asked slowly. His voice was hoarse.

"Stop with chit chat. You should have got information before coming here. I don't know who you are but the murderous intent from your body can't be anything good.", Ethan said in a slow voice but it was like a cold water to chopper.

He isn't willing to talk. Bad luck for me.
Chopper thought this much as he readied himself again.

"Whoosh"

There it is again! He disappeared! Where?

Up!!

Chopper suddenly waved his dagger upward but he couldn't feel any kind of touch to it.

Left!!

Chopper's body swayed a bit and he fell back and a punch barely missed his left side.

"Not bad at all. You can still hold your ground. Is it your battle instinct? Haha cool. Let's see how long.", Ethan licked his own lips.

He was in the zone!

*****