#20 Goblins

C Rank Dungeon:

"Host has entered the C rank Dungeon. Host will be kicked out of dungeon after killing the dungeon boss or when the time is up."

"Dungeon time: 72:59:56"

As soon as Ethan entered the dungeon, he was welcomed by a notification and ...a nauseating smell.

"Fuck, why does it have to be so bad? Can't dungeons be alot more cooler. I don't mind a dark environment but what the hell with this smell?", Ethan really was annoyed by the smell.

Ethan looked around and saw a vast area. He could see barren area on all sides. There wasn't a normal ground. The ground was red. To be accurate, it was smudged by something red. The smell was also coming from ground.

"System scan the area"

*Beep*

A few seconds later Ethan could see a map in his mind. Map was marked my markings and on top of them, names were written. Ethan was quite pleased to see this. Because the marks were indicating the locations of monster's territories. [Goblin], [Jackals], [one horn wolf] etc were named. It was useful for Ethan like this.

"Nearest place is ...fuck first lemme get something for this smell.", Ethan couldn't hold anymore and started checking the store.

"Oi system do you have anything for my need?", He couldn't wait so he just asked the system.

"Fox mask can be used to prevent smell.", System gave a short reply and went silent.

"Should have told me sooner.", Ethan pulled the mask from the inventory and placed it on his face. The feeling was same this time too. His all Senses were sharpened. He was like in a new class of his own. He could tell that this mask was extremely useful. And of course the smell was controlled too.

"Stats system", Ethan wanted to see how strong he was right now.

*Beep*

Name: Ethan
Level: 20
Stat points: 3
Mission points: 90
Strength: 50
Agility: 15
Vitality: 10
Intelligence: 12

Techniques:
Illusion tiger (C)

Inventory:
Stone breaker.
Chest.

"I'm not that bad. Let's go to the nearest place. Nearest place is ...Goblins.", Ethan thought to himself and checked the map. After checking the map he started walking towards the goblins territory. He wasn't sure if these were same as goblins of games and animes. But he still went on.

It wasn't too far. Almost 2 km but with Ethan's strength and a bit more speed he reached quickly. As he arrived at the outer boundary of territory, he could see some Goblins roaming around.

"Race: Green Goblin
Level: 14"

"Race: Blue goblin
Level: 17"

Ethan was satisfied by their levels. Because they were in his range of strength. He could fight them. But if a hoard came, he would be in a difficult situation but he still was confident.

Ethan looked from the hill. As the goblin territory was situated between hills. It was easy for Ethan to scout. But he knew it would be tough to come out from their territory. There were huts made of mud and bamboo sticks. All huts were small. But then there was a big hut right at the end of this goblin territory. Ethan observed that there weren't that many goblins around. He didn't know why but it was good for him.

Suddenly a goblin was swaying towards Ethan's place. Ethan was elated. He could kill the stray goblin easily. As soon as the goblin was half way up the hill, Ethan suddenly appeared behind the goblin and punched him fiercely on head.

As the punch was sent out, a tiger could be seen on the fists of Ethan. It was the technique [illusion tiger]. As soon as the punch landed on head of goblin, it turned into a meat paste. Ethan was astonished by the power of this fist technique but then he became happy. Now he was more confident.

After killing the goblin, he knew he was strong. So he walked further in the territory of Goblins. After a while he arrived near the huts. On the way he killed 3 more [green goblins]. His level was also increased by 1.

As he reached the first hut, he looked inside the hut. The hut was empty. There was no one inside. There weren't any kind of furniture except for a stone slab. It was probably a bed. Ethan asked the system to scan the room too. After not finding anything useful, Ethan moved to next huts.

All huts were in similar condition. They were almost identical to each other. As Ethan was going to look inside another hut, he felt movement behind him.

He knew someone was right behind him and was going to attack him. Ethan pulled the [stone breaker] from inventory and turned sharply to defend himself. Attack wasn't that strong. Ethan was surprised because he thought that someone strong has attacked him as he sneaked at him without him noticing.

Ethan looked at what attacked him and was baffled because it was a ..

"Race: purple goblin
Level: 19"

It was alot smaller in size as compared to the blue ones but its level was higher. 'so these are assassin type' Ethan made a mental note.

The goblin was holding a crude sword type thing. Ethan was ready to attack the goblin but goblin suddenly turned and ran away. Ethan was flabbergasted " A monster running away?" Ethan started chasing him.

The Goblin's speed was quite good. His level wasn't just for show. But Ethan wasn't slow either. He was just curious to as where will this goblin take him. Goblins territory wasn't big but it was quite tricky. After around 10 minutes of running, the red goblin suddenly stopped. Ethan also stopped. He looked around himself.

He was in middle of two huge hills. Ethan knew he wouldn't be able to climb out from this. As he was thinking why the purple Goblin took him here, he heard sounds of walking. He looked in front of him and saw the red goblin sneering at him. After a while around 20 blue Goblins appeared behind Ethan from where Ethan came. And almost 40 mixed Goblins were standing in front side of this tunnel type place.

"So that's how it's going to be? Hahaha ..NICE!", Ethan started laughing as he clinched his fists. He was looking forward to this fight. His odds were really bad. But he knew ..he had to become strong!

*****