#35 Playground

The whole day went pretty smooth. Nothing major happened. Emma was stressed but she couldn't do anything. She wasn't sure if it was alright of her to ask Ethan. So in the end she didn't ask.

No one attacked. No more assassins. No more trouble. A peaceful day it was. They had lunch at home as usual. Ethan went along with them as per his duty. He chilled around with max, who was terrified by him.

In the end, a good day.

7:30 pm:

End of duty for Ethan. As Ethan had already asked most of the information related to fighting arena, he didn't have troubles finding the warehouse.

It was a normal warehouse. As normal as it could be. There was nothing special or weird about it. No one would suspect it even if someone reported it.

Did that manager lied to me?

Can't be. Let's look around first.

"System scan the area.", As Ethan was going to look around, he thought of scanning the area first. As it was the best method to check a place.

Beep..

"Area has been scanned. Found 23 people present."

Nice. No worries. I can't see their levels but it doesn't matter. Let's go inside, shall we.

Ethan went straight to the front door.

*Knock knock*

"..."

*Knock knock*

"..."

Do I have to push my way through?

Just as Ethan was going to kick the door open ..

" ..it doesn't work like that."

He heard someone. Someone with light and low mosquito voice. Ethan turned around and saw the little loli standing behind him.
She was wearing snow white frock with a red scarf around her neck.

"Coincidence. You were coming here too? You should have told me. We could come together.", As Ethan saw the same cold face of loli, he felt like teasing her.

"..."

But in the end, it was Ethan who got hurt because of her complete silence.

Too harsh ..

"So you said I was wrong, can you tell me how does it work?", Ethan asked politely as he got a bit closer to the loli.

She said nothing and just walked towards the door of warehouse. She held the black invitation card in front of her body. A few moments later, some rumbling sounds could be heard as if some mechanism was working. The rumbling got stronger and then suddenly stopped.

"Now what?", Just as Ethan said it, the ground under the warehouse door shifted and stairs appeared in the ground.

"Basement?"

That's some real shit. Wasn't the arena in water? I'm getting excited now. Loli shot a stare at Ethan and then went down. Just as Ethan was going to follow suit, everything turned normal. It was as if nothing happened. It was so quick that Ethan thought that he was just hallucinating.

"Damn some high tech stuff or maybe ...magic? Meh ..Let's do the same as she did."

Ethan stood in front of the door while holding the card in front of him. Similar rumbling happened and the stairs appeared again. Ethan also went down. As Ethan went down, he saw a vast room. White room to be exact. It was whole white. There was nothing in the room except for 23 people. Of course it was now 25 including the little loli and himself. Ethan looked around and saw everyone's level. They all were around level 40. The lowest being 31. Ethan never saw so many powerful people at a same place at once before.

As he observed the crowd, others also paid attention to him as he was a completely new face to these guys. At fighting arena, alot of people made their name. And some were famous because of their abilities or some work they did. But Ethan was completely white slated person to them.

Some people were having chit chat while some were ready to fight. As Ethan saw the little loli standing alone in a corner, he went over to her. When people saw Ethan going towards her, some gasped, some gave a smirk and some just ignored. Ethan didn't pay attention to them. He just went to loli and stood besides her.

"You're not new here it seems. So we can come here frequently?", Ethan wanted more info about this arena as he thought of this fighting arena as a golden egg laying goose. He could get experience points and also money. It was really cool for him.

"..we can if we get new cards."

"Oh ..so how are we supposed to get new cards?"

"...you will know soon.", As she ended her sentence, a man walked over to Ethan and smiled eviley at him.

"Yo newbie, you should be aware of law of jungle right? Stronger ones always pray on weaker ones. You get what I mean right?"

"So  .. what do you want?"

"Are you playing dumb? Just give me your card and this situation will be settled.", The man said he approached even closer to Ethan.

Ethan looked towards the loli and gave a look as if asking 'is this the way' and 'is killing okay too'.

As the loli saw his expressions, she just lightly sighed as if acknowledging of what Ethan was asking.

"What are you looking at her for? You can't even man up yourself? Do you need a kid to stand up for you? Do you even call yourself a man? You should--", as the man started cussing at Ethan, Ethan too started getting mad.

"Shut up.", Ethan said lightly as if he was ordering him.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY! SAY THAT AGAIN!", the man was also infuriated because of Ethan's condensing tone.

"You talk too much with your garbage mouth. You make too much noise. What are you trying to do? You need my card? Take it.", Ethan said in light tone but his expression was getting more and more chilly. He pulled his card out and started waving it.

"You're going to regret it punk! Hahh..", the man punched straight at Ethan's face without any delay.

Ethan saw the punch coming but he didn't even bet an eye. Because he was strong. Some thought that he was too afraid that he forgot to move to but they all were mouth sealed by what happened.

*Kchaww*

Everyone heard something breaking. They all were murderers and fighters so they knew it was bone breaking sound. But they were confused as if who's bone just broke?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh"

"The fuckkk did you doo to my arm!! I'm going to kill youuu!!", It was that man's scream as his arm was broken.

Ethan's speed was just too fast to be seen by everyone. Of course there were people that saw his movements. He didn't even used his ability yet. He just used his level 43 stats. Nothing else.

"Oh? You're gonna kill me? Bold words!", As Ethan said it, atmosphere froze. Even the little loli felt a bit scared because the aura Ethan was emitting was no less than blood freezing.

"Y-you, do you know w-who I am?"

"I don't give a fuck! Give me your card and get lost!", Each of his words were like a knife to the crowd except for those level 40 people and loli. This time Ethan controlled his aura and protected the little loli.

****