#34 Fighting arena

"You were there that night."

As these words went in Ethan's ears, he couldn't believe what he heard.

"Pardon me ..what did you say?", Ethan asked the girl as he wasn't sure of what was happening.

"You were at the top of the building, observing.", The girl said in mosquito voice. Her voice was so light and low, but it was clearly heard by Ethan.

She noticed me that day?

With the mask on?

Ethan calmed himself from the initial shock.  Ethan waved his hand and mask disappeared.

"Even though you noticed me, you didn't notify that other dude. So should I take it as you're friendly to me?", Ethan asked in a relaxed tone.

"..."

"I'll take your silence as yes. No problem at all. Well I'm curious as how you noticed me?", Ethan wanted to know out of curiosity but he too, knew that the mask didn't provide him full stealth.

"Your smell .. I remembered it."

"...what? I mean okay I heard but you said smell? What are you, a cat or wolf something? Pffttt funny.", Ethan couldn't believe what she said because it was unrealistic.

Through leveling up, his senses went up. But still he wouldn't claim that he remembered someone's smell and recognized them.

"..."

"Okay fine if you don't want to answer then don't. I don't care how you noticed me. But if you're not hostile to me then we're good.", Ethan got up and wore his mask again.

"..."

"Oh by the way, do you know what this thing is?", Ethan kinda knew that he wouldn't get an answer from this stone faced loli but he also couldn't wait for Morgan as he didn't even know if he will be coming or not. So Ethan thought of this loli.

As this loli was with that dude, she definitely wasn't someone normal. 'She might know something'. Even if she doesn't, it's okay either way.

"..."

"Okay so you're not going to answer. Fine. I'll be taking my leave. It was nice talking to you. Let's talk again some other time.", As Ethan was going to jump off the building ...

"...Bailey family fighting arena."

Ethan gave a smirk under his mask. "Appreciated" , he didn't turn around but just left after thanking.

"..."

He's strong.

That was the last thought in the loli's mind.

****

So a fighting arena .. well it's to be expected as people having powers and money. Sure they will gamble. Damn these rich ass dudes. I don't know how their brain works. Now I know that this card is related to arena ... but where is the arena?

After jumping off the building in a cool manner, he had no idea to which direction should he go.

Should have asked her! Ughhh

Oh yeah it's nothing bad so I can just ask young miss or that manager dude. I was stressing for no reason. Time to go home for now.

Next day the system gave the same daily mission which was to cover 22 kms. Ethan did the same and arrived early at Emma's place.

Today she had different air about her. Her complexion was nice and rosy. She was looking more alive than before. Her level also increased to [level 3].

Woah! Now that's quick. Is she some genius?

"Yo system how did she reached level 3 over night?", Ethan asked system as he was feeling jealous. He had to kill to gain levels. And Emma just leveled up twice over a night.

Beep...

"Host's energy was still in target's body. That energy has been utilised and converted into target's energy. Due to which resulting in increase of level."

Ohhh so it was my energy. Phew I thought she was some monster genius.

Ethan looked at Emma and gestured the same way as to a princess. Emma smiled and nodded towards Ethan. After she sat in car, Ethan straightened his expression and looked at manager.

Manager subconsciously stepped back.

Why is he looking at me? Did I do something wrong?

Ethan retracted his gaze and vanished. The manager looked around and saw him sitting in the car.

Again with that movement .. he's scary.

****

After they arrived at site, Emma went to her office and didn't pay attention to other stuff as she was tensed because of the situation.
Her father's health was detroiting day by day.

Could Ethan ... No no I can't tell him. He's trustable but still I don't have enough information about him.

But he was able to cure me ... could he cure father too? If he cures him, everything will be back to normal.

As she was lost in her thoughts, Ethan who was standing besides her, vanished and appeared on roof of office. He scanned around and quickly found manager. He vanished once again and appeared right beside the manager.

The manager was drinking coffee and almost chocked on it. He was so scared that his coffee fell.

"W-what do you want Ethan?"

"Why are you sweating man? I ain't going to eat you. Relax!", As Ethan said that, he put his hand on manager's shoulder.

Manager was already covered in cold sweat.

"So I have few questions. Nothing else", as Ethan said that, he got the card out of inventory.

"Tell me everything about this card that you know."

"Where d-did you ---", as manager saw Ethan's expression, he quickly shut his mouth.

"It's bailey family's fighting arena card. Anyone having this card can enter the arena. Killing is allowed in the arena. No one can complain. You can gamble money. You can win money unimaginable to normal people in one night. But you will to win first. Bailey family's got some good fighters that win fights regularly and gain more than what they lose. This is pretty much it. Every rich family likes it and sends people to fight. They enjoy it.", The manager stopped here as if he was feeling bad for people.

"Just tell me where is it. I don't care about anything else. And don't tell young miss about it. If by any chance she stops me, you're dead.", Ethan said this as a glint appeared in his eyes.

"I w-wont. And location of it is at the business site of bailey family. Their business is cargo and shipment. So they built an arena right in the sea. Entrance is from their warehouse. I don't know the exact way but that card should do."

"Cool.", Ethan's body vanished and he appeared on top of office.

Tonight ..hehe

******