five

A year passed, and nothing much changed between Sabrina and James

A year passed, and nothing much changed between Sabrina and James. She was now in her seventh year and he was in his fifth year. To her, he still hadn't matured yet. She was appointed as Head Girl.

"Brina, James is looking at you again," Scorpius whispered.

Sabrina looked up from scooping food into her mouth. She looked to the Gryffindor table to see James looking at her. He noticed she was looking at him and winked before eating his own meal. She rolled her eyes.

"Leave it be. He probably just thinks of me as a walking meat bag he can play with," she retorted.

"A walking meat bag?" Albus questioned, leaning forward.

"Because I'm made of flesh and all boys want to do is - "

"I got it!" Albus exclaimed.

Sabrina rolled her eyes. "If women ruled the world, we'd have no issues."

Scorpius scoffed. "There would be issues. Women are petty and jealous. They'd kill each other off."

Sabrina ruffled his hair. "You're finally learning how women operate. I'm proud of you. But that's why you don't get involved with women. They're dangerous creatures."

"I've known that since the day you shoved me out of my bedroom window," Scorpius retorted.

"Well, you took my quill, so you deserved it."

"I was six! And my bedroom is on the second floor!" he exclaimed.

"I still think you deserved it," Sabrina retorted.

Scorpius huffed. "You're the worst sister ever."

"Thank you," she said. "I take pride in it. I think I ought to get a trophy that says that. Best sister ever."

"But you're - "

" - the best?" she asked. "Oh, I know. Mum and Dad think so too."

"Dad knows you're a demon in disguise," Scorpius replied.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "We all know Mum is the power figure in the family anyway, so what Dad thinks doesn't matter."

He rolled his eyes. "I don't understand how you're Dad's favorite child."

Sabrina cooed and pinched his cheek. "I'm so glad you've realized that as well."