six

"What the bloody hell is this?" Sabrina asked

She had just woken up on a Saturday on Valentine's Day. Her bed was completely surrounded by chocolates, flowers, and other gifts.

"Potter left them for you," said Olivia Parkinson.

"Which one?" Sabrina questioned, sleepily rubbing her eyes.

"The one that's smitten with you."

She groaned. "James?"

"Yes, that one."

Sabrina sighed and slipped out of bed, grabbing one of the chocolate boxes in the process. She examined the box and opened it, taking one of the chocolates and putting it into her mouth. The moment she bit down, she moaned.

Olivia cringed. "Must you make that noise?"

"I must say James has outdone himself. These are marvelous," Sabrina complimented.

"I thought you didn't like him."

"I don't. Well, actually, I must admit he is charming and good-looking, but he is still a boy."

Olivia shrugged. "Don't hate it until you try it. Any-who, breakfast is starting. Up you go, Malfoy. Come on."

Sabrina groaned as Olivia grabbed her arm and dragged her out bed. She reluctantly got dressed. Together, the two walked to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"I'm just saying you should snog Potter at least once," Olivia said.

"Parkinson!" Sabrina scolded.

Olivia shrugged. "Okay, shag."

"That's even worse!"

The two girls kept bickering until they sat at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. They each started eating off their respective plates. Sabrina still hadn't looked at the Gryffindor table. She knew James was there somewhere, but she wouldn't give him the time of day. She wasn't even sure why he liked her so much. She was sure he was only having a big sister complex.

It was definitely because she had babysat him when he was younger. Aside from his mother, she was the first girl to give him attention and take care of him. Sabrina wouldn't deny the fact that James was a cute child. She always pinched cheeks and kissed his chubby cheeks.

"He's looking," Olivia pointed out.

"Let him look," Sabrina said.

Olivia rolled her eyes. "Shouldn't you at least thank him for the gifts?"

Sabrina pursed her lips, sighing. "I suppose you're right."

She stood up and walked over to the Gryffindor table, standing behind James as he sat on the bench. She awkwardly patted his head and ruffled his hair. Albus and Fred snickered at the sight.

"Thanks for the gifts," she muttered.

James cleared his throat. "No problem. Just thought - you know - since it's Valentine's Day."

Sabrina retreated her hand, nodding. "Yeah, of course. Though, maybe gift your girlfriend something."

"Well, I don't have one," said James as he looked up at her.

"Find one?" she suggested sheepishly. "Just - thanks. I'll enjoy the chocolates," she said, scurrying away.

"Mate, you're whipped," said Fred.

"Shut up."