eleven

When Sabrina got home, it was only two hours past noon

When Sabrina got home, it was only two hours past noon. She was usually back in time for dinner, but now she had a lot of free time. She wasn't sure what to do with it.

"Oh, Sabrina, we have guests today," Astoria said, ushering her into the sitting room.

The guests were the Potters. It was currently Christmas break. There were tea and biscuits on the table.

"Oh - hello. It's lovely to see you all again," Sabrina greeted as she went to sit next to her own family.

If there was anything her mother taught her, it was to always be polite. Draco always taught her to speak her mind, while Scorpius taught her how fun it was to push someone out a window.

"It's lovely to see you as well," Poppy said, a gentle smile on her face. "How is working with Luna and Rolf?"

"It's wonderful!" she exclaimed.

Sabrina rarely got excited about anything, but she was always excited and eager when it came to anything related to creatures.

"Newt really loves being able to communicate and play with the other Bowtruckles."

At the mention of his name, Newt stuck his head out from behind Sabrina's ear. James, who was sitting across from Sabrina, leaned forward and over the table to caress Newt with his index finger.

"How have you been?" he softly asked.

Newt peacefully closed his eyes and nudged his cheek against James's finger.

Sabrina, realizing all eyes were on them, cleared her throat. "He's missed you."

James's eyes flickered away from Newt to look at Sabrina. "Yeah, I did too."

Poppy turned to look at Harry and she gave him a look. He shrugged and pushed up his glasses. Albus and Scorpius were bored and gagging at the sight of Sabrina and James. Astoria was feigning innocence, while Draco had his nose scrunched up in distaste.

Sabrina and James having noticed, decided to scurry off into a corner in the parlor room. They faced each other, awkwardly waiting for the other to talk first.

"How's work?" James asked.

Sabrina smiled. "It's great! I love working with Rolf and Luna. They're both very wonderful people. Luna is definitely different, but I love her. She's very kind."

He smiled. "I'm glad you're having fun."

"Me too. How's school?"

"It's good," replies James. "I think... I think I want to be a Healer."

"That's great, James! That sounds wonderful. I guess you're not gonna be playing professional quidditch, huh?"

He shook his head. "I love it, but I think I'd rather help people psychically rather than entertain them."

Sabrina nodded. "Well, I wish you the best of luck, James."