eight

Sabrina was completely overwhelmed with her NEWTs

Sabrina was completely overwhelmed with her NEWTs. She didn't know where to start. She wanted to have a great resume, but she simply wanted to be a Magizoologist. Draco had even prepared a whole room for her at their Manor. It was the size of half a whole floor.

It was a room for her to bring in creatures and take care of them. Sabrina was extremely elated when she had first gotten the room when she was fifteen. So far, she only had Bowtruckles and Nifflers in there.

Every week, her father would write to her about how the Nifflers had stolen something from him again. Usually, it was his rings.

Sabrina had a Bowtruckle named Newt. He was named after Newt Scamander. She only brought Newt with her to Hogwarts, so the other Bowtruckles were a little angry at her because of that.

Newt was walking around Sabrina's papers. He was enjoying stepping into her ink jar and stepping around papers. He liked seeing his footprints on them.

"Oh, Newt, must you walk all over my papers?" Sabrina quietly asked.

He froze, slowly looked up, then blinked. He shrugged and continued to walk over her papers. Sabrina sighed, sticking out her index finger. Newt stared at it before climbing onto her finger. His inked footprints were now all over her finger.

"He's cute."

Sabrina looked up. "Potter, what are you doing here?"

He tilted his eyes and smirked. "Sabrina, it's the library. I think I have the right to be here."

"Oh - right." She cleared her throat. "Would you like to sit down?"

Instead of answering, he pulled out the chair across from Sabrina and sat down. Newt was curiously looking at James.

"This is Newt," Sabrina introduced. "Can you say hi, Newt?"

Newt waved to James.

"Hello, Newt," whispered James as he leaned down slightly. "I'm James. Where'd you get him?"

"My father," Sabrina replied. "I told him I wanted to be a Magizoologist, so he got me a few creatures. I never did ask where he got them, but I take care of them my own room at the manor. When I'm not around, Mum helps."

"What other creatures do you have?"

She chuckled, thinking of a specific memory. "Nifflers, but that's all. It's funny, really. Blue, one of the Nifflers, stole my mum's wedding ring. She chased after her for the whole day."

"It sounds like fun."

"It is," she replied.

Newt started to clap his leafy hands together. He hopped off her finger, landing on the table. He wanted attention, so he kept clapping.

"Does he do this often?" James asked.

Sabrina nodded. "He loves the attention."

James leaned forward, putting his elbow on the table, then putting his chin onto the palm of his hand. "Reminds me of someone I know."

Sabrina looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, really now? I wonder who."

He shrugged. "I heard he's rather arrogant. Bit of a tosser."

She slightly smiled. "I agree wholeheartedly. He's quite annoying at times, but he can be cute."

James sat up straight. "Really?" He cleared his throat. "I think he's quite ugly."

She shook her head while tickling Newt's chin. "Yes, I think he's cute. Although, he can be immature at times. He's a really good Seeker. I think he's as good as his father."

"Really? I... I don't think he is. He seems a bit...untalented."

"No-no, he's all talent. I think he can be a professional when he graduates Hogwarts," said Sabrina.

"Really?"

She hummed. "Of course. Why would I lie?"

"You know, I heard he likes you," James nonchalantly added.

"Does he? I've never noticed. Besides, he's a little young for me. Maybe, we'll go out once he graduates."