《Chapter 1: The Best Birthday gift》

Quirks and Heroes - these two things are what society centers around.

"You can't be a hero if you don't have a quirk, you need a quirk to be part of this world's society".

These words are what I would always hear whenever my parents talk. My father was a businessman in the line of selling support items, while my mother was a lawyer. Strange right - the world we're living is very spontaneous ever since the rise of heroes in society, but none of them chose to be one.

Let me tell you this, my father doesn't have the backbone to be one. In his mind is always income, business, money - you get it! He doesn't care about the glory of being a hero, he only cares about being rich. Which is why he married my mother...

My mother was unlike my father, she had big dreams, she wanted to be a hero! But sadly, life had different plans for her. Even though Quirks are something everyone has, my mom doesn't have one. She's quirkless. Her family made her give up her dream of becoming a hero. Well, they didn't really care if she didn't become one, they just wanted her to have a decent job that sure would flourish her in life.

I guess that's why my dad married my mom, for the money...

"- This discussion is over !" I heard my mother exclaim. Her footsteps were drawing near, I wanted to hide so that they won't think of me as someone eavesdropping. "(Y/n) ?" my mom said as she spotted me.

So much for hiding...

"M-Mommy, I-I" I was tongue-tied that time, what can I say? I was just 6!

My mother gave me a soft smile, "Are you ready for the ball dear ? Have you picked out a dress already ?" she asked. I only nodded.

We were going to have a party- I mean a ball. Since that day was actually my birthday. Every year my parents would throw a grand birthday ball for me. It's very spontaneous, I know.

I really don't want a ball for my birthday, I just want a quirk.

Yup - you heard me right, even though I'm already 6 years old, I haven't yet unlocked my quirk.

Kids my age already have their quirks, on the other hand - there's no sign of it showing. My mom keeps telling me that I might just be a late bloomer, but I know she's lying. She's worried that her own daughter had inherited her trait - being Quirkless. My dad, on the other hand, was very much pleased with that. He didn't want me to become a hero since he wanted someone to inherit his business. That someone is Me.

I've already accepted my fate of being quirkless , even though it hurts - I had to accept it. Maybe I can do something memorable that doesn't need quirks or the need to become a hero.

"Dear, are you done preparing ? Your guests are arriving" My mother said as she entered my room. She was awed as she saw me in the new dress that she bought. "Oh, how gorgeous you look," she said.

I was wearing a pink long-sleeved frilly dress. Its hem was above the knee, and it had a large ribbon behind me. I was wearing white stockings and pink shoes to match the color motif. My (h/c) hair was tied in twin tails. I felt like some magical girl.

"Come now, your father is waiting" My mother grabbed my hand as we made our way to the ballroom. Yup, my father had designed our mansion to have a ballroom in it.

As we entered, all eyes were on me. I felt slightly uneasy with all the attention centered on me.

"Ah, there's my daughter," my father said as he walked to us. He was acting all kind and caring to me in front of the public since he didn't want to ruin his image. "Come dear (Y/n) I have some people I want you to meet" he then grabbed me away from my mother.