《Chapter 16: A Savage Cavalry》

"Wanna team up?".
"Please be in my team!?".
"Say, you still in for a 3rd member?"

The top 42 students who reached the finish line in the obstacle course proceeded to the next round. Of course, I was part of the top 42.

Now, the next round was going to be a cavalry battle, where in we had to group ourselves into 2-4 members so that we could participate. Unfortunately...

No one is damn picking me!!!

Even my classmates won't invite me-

I tried going to where Bakugo and Kirishima are, but seeing a crowd hovering around the Ash Blonde- he must've chosen who he wants in his team already. When I went to search for Momo and Tenya, the two were already teamed up and with none other than Shoto. It makes my blood boil just seeing him like that.

I swear, I'm going to take you down!!!

But first- I STILL NEED TO FIND A DAMN TEAM!!!

Because of my internal ranting, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"S-sorry" I muttered.

I looked at the person who I accidentally bumped into. He had this tired look on his face which kind of reminded me of Aizawa-sensei. He just stared at me blankly which slightly creeped me. I decided to distance myself from him. If he were to invite me to his team, I'm going to say no in an instant.

Time was running out...
Only a few people left with no groups~
This is frustrating!

Is it because I'm only forcing myself to walk ?!
Is it because I can't use my legs that well?!
Is it because I'm using leg braces and my quirk to become mobile?!
Is it because of me being disable?!

I clenched my hand tightly. Despite showing what I can do, they still doubt me. Maybe that's what some of the other heroes think as well. Does this mean that there's a probability I may not shine, I might not satisfy the heroes watching, I might not inspire those who are struggling right now?! This is frustrating!!!

"(L/n)...".

I turned around to see Midoriya looking at me sternly.

"I need you to join us".

My eyes widened, here was my hope, here was my chance!.

"Sure" I said with a determined smile.

"Waaaahhhh!!!!!" A girl wearing strange gadgets around her screeched. She looked at me with a surprised look. "A-are you?-".

"Eh?".

"ARE YOU THE DAUGHTER OF (F/N) (L/N)?! THE OWNER OF (L/N) ENTERPRISES?! ONE OF THE BIG COMPANIES THAT MANUFACTURES SUPPORT ITEMS AND GADGETS!" She exclaimed.

"Uh- yes?".

The girl pounced at me, and grabbed my hand. Her eyes widened with excitement as she kept on talking to me. "WITH YOU, MY BABIES WILL SURELY BE NOTICED! CAN YOU RECOMMEND ME TO YOUR COMPANY, I COULD PRODUCE MORE OF MY BABIES ! MORE OF MY IDEAS TO YOU! WITH YOU AND WHAT'S-HIS-NAME, I'M SURE TO GET NOTICED! DID YOU CUSTOMIZE THAT LEG BRACE BY YOURSELF?! DID YOUR COMPANY MANUFACTURE IT?! I'M WILLING TO MAKE A BABY FOR YOU!!! MY NAME IS HATSUME MEI!!!".

She was talking too fast that I couldn't understand what she was saying.

"Uh-Babies-company-leg braces-" I was confused. "Midoriya, who is this girl anyways?" I asked turning my attention to the green haired bean.

"She's someone who approached us and is willing to help" He replied. "Anyways, (L/n)... If it's alright with you, can you join my team? I already thought of a plan, and your the one I need to make this happen" he said.