《Chapter 23: His Scar》

I indulged myself in a warm bath; clensing my both from the dirt and grime I've sustained from a day filled with fighting and hardwork. Fuyumi-san knocked on my door informing me that dinner was ready. Not wanting to be a nuisance as I walk through the narrow halls of their house, I decided to use the leg braces Jotaro had given me.

It wasn't as sturdy as the one used back in the sporst festival but it was enough for me to use as a means of walking. To think they thought of buying me, I am greatly grateful for them. I'll make sure to cherish this. Every step I make as I reach my goal, they are always there.

"(Y/n)-chan, are you alright in there? Do you need help in changing?" Fuyumi-san asked.

"I'm capable of doing it myself" I replied politely.

"O-Ok then..." The sound of Fuyumi's footsteps then trailed away. She must be worried at how I acted earlier. I should apologize and reassure her that I'm completely fine- even if I'm not... But Fuyumi-san doesn't have to worry about me.

I decided to dress myself in a casual attire of course the main garment was my long skirt. Most of my attire consisted of it. After being bounded to a wheel chair, I grew accustomed to wearing long skirts. Although, I would sometimes wish I could wear mini skirts and shorts like other would wear.

After dressing myself up, I made my way to the dinning room. The hallway was quiet except for the sound of my footsteps. One would think it's a horror house. Maybe I'm just used to the company of my household servants that I find the atmosphere here strange. Just thinking about the mansion saddens me, but I have to move on!

As I arrived at the dining room, to my surprise it was only Fuyumi-san. Sitting quietly at the dining table. "Oh (Y/n)-san!" Her smile then turned into an expression of bewilderment and confusion. "Y-your-" she gasped, her eyes widened.

I knew what she was thinking. I scratched the back of my head sheepishly, "I'm just using leg braces to help me stand" I said.

"Oh, I should've known. I saw you do it in the sports festival earlier" She said.

"About earlier, I apologize for my demeanor" I said.

"Don't worry about it" Fuyumi-san responded. "Come and enjoy the meal I prepared" she gestured me to sit across her. I could feel my mouth water upon smelling the delectable aroma Fuyumi's food gave off. Yet, it's alluring trance like aroma still didn't pull me away of this strange feeling I had.

I looked at the other vacant chairs, it made me wonder.

What about the other members?

"Shoto's probably asleep already" Fuyumi-san informed. "I left him a tray by his door incase he gets hungry. He usually skips dinner, so don't worry about him" she said with a smile.

I was about to speak when Fuyumi-san continued on.

"Father's running late, it's no surprise being a number 2 hero after all" Her voice somewhat distant. She glanced at me, "So I guess it's just you and me" she smiled once again, "Enjoy the meal (Y/n)".

I nodded in response.

After saying grace, we enjoyed a quiet meal. I couldn't help but savor Fuyumi-san's meal. It was so delicious. "It's so delicious" I moaned as I continued on eating.

"I'm happy to hear that" Fuyumi-san chuckled, "You remind me of my brother when he tasted that recipe of mine for the first time".

"Brother?" I looked at her confused.

"His name is Natsuo... He's currently in college and rarely comes home. But he keeps in touch" She said. I was intrigued. I never expected Shoto to have an older brother. Well, I didn't know he had a sister too. Maybe staying at his place won't only help me grow but also help me get to know him...