《Chapter 4 : A Dream being doubted》

The teacher read what school's we wanted to enroll in the following day. Of course many cheered for Mayura when the teacher bid her good luck on her enrollment at Shiketsu Highschool. But Mayura showed no signs of joy - well frankly , she wasn't acting herself at all.

Well , probably because of what she did to me. Serves her right ! Because of what she did , it was recorded in her records and now there is a chance that Shiketsu might not admit her. I slightly felt bad for her , but she did deserve it though.

When the teacher read what school I plan on studying , he wa surprised. "(L/n) , you plan on going to U.A. and take on the hero course ?!" He gasped. Everyone too was surprised on my choice.

"(L/n) in U.A. ?"
"Becoming a Hero ?"
"Isn't she- you know ?".

Whispers filled the room. It felt annoying since I know they were talking about me.

"So what if I'm going to UA ?!" I spoke up , everyone looked at me. Even my teacher. "I know that I may not look that part in becoming a hero , but who said that's going to hold me back ?!".

"It's just that , (L/n)... Wouldn't training break you even more ? Being hero isn't just a walk in the park" he said. Some of my classmates snickered at his unintentionally joke.

Why do people use leg-related metaphors ?!

"Well , I know it's going to be a bumpy ride. But it's a challenge and risk I am willing to take !" I exclaimed with full of determination.

"Oh what a big dreamer you are" Mayura responded. "You know your daddy's riches won't be much in that school ? It takes hardwork and determination".

"Yes , and I'll give it my all , even if I'm at the point of breaking" I answered back. "I've already hit rock bottom before , and I know how to climb back up. Can't say the same for you".

"Why you !?" Mayura was about to activate her quirk once again , but the teacher reprimanded her. He reminded her what was at stake.

"Alright , I guess we should accept (L/n)'s decision... Everyone , let us be proud for Mayura and (L/n) that they will be studying in two of the most grandest schools in Japan. UA and Shiketsu" He announced. Everyone clapped their hands and cheered- well mostly for Mayura. There were those who cheered for me as well , but they were most likely asking if I can do it.

I will show them...

At home , I decided to tell my father on what school I wanted to study in. It's no surprise that he wouldn't like what I decided.

"YOUR GOING TO UA ?!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. I was in his office as I told him. "Are you mad ?! Did you really believe in Endeavor's words ?!".

"No - Endeavor isn't the reason why I wanted to study at U.A." I responded.

My father was fuming. "Have you lost your mind ?! Your legs are paralyzed ! You are sitting on a wheel-chair for heaven's sakes ! What were you thinking ?!".

"No , I haven't. I only lost the movement of my legs" I replied. He didn't like my answer. I decided to continue on speaking. "Father , I want to become a hero because -".

"You're following your mother's dream , aren't you ?" He said. It took me a few seconds before I could answer. As I was about to speak , he groaned loudly. "(Y/n) , have you not learn anything ?! You aren't meant to follow your dreams ! Dreaming is only for those who are asleep. Face reality child ! Wake up !".

My chest suddenly twinged at what he said.

"You mother had the same dream , but did she follow it ? No - because she knows that what her limitations are ! She chose right and she manage to live a good life !".