《Chapter 18: Declaration》

It was now the beginning of the first match of the competition. It was between Midoriya and this Shinso-person. I don't have any idea who was this Shinso-nevertheless, I know Midoriya's going to win!

My eyes widened upon seeing the appearance of Midoriya's opponent, "That's him!" I blurted out.

"Huh? You know him (K/nn)?" Kirishima asked.

"Oh, uh- it's nothing" I said then quiet down.

So this guy's name is Hitoshi Shinsou then. A student from the General Studies. What he had said awhile ago...

'The quirk you have still helps you out. In fact, that quirk of yours is something others would want... Unlike this stupid no good one I own'

His words echoed inside me makinge me wonder what his quirk is.

"START"

At once Midoriya was about to charge at Shinsou yet he suddenly stopped midway. He was frozen still, but after a few moments he started walking- not towards his opponent but walking towards the edge of the arena. What was he thinking? If he walks out of bounds, then it's over for him!

Midoriya... This must be because of that Shinsou's quirk. It must be related to mind control or something. A very terrifying quirk...Terrifying.

'Unlike this stupid no good one I own'

As he was about to step out of bounds, some sort of explosion or pressure had emitted out of him. When the dust cleared, we were all happy to see Midoriya snapping out of the strange trance that he was in. After an exchange of fists, Midoriya managed to push Shinso out of bounds declaring him the winner.

Congratulations Midoriya.

And Shinsou...

I left my spot.

"Hey, where are you going (K/nn)?" Kirishima asked. "Aren't you going to watch Todoroki's match against Sero's?".

"I think I'll pass" I replied. "I should actually be preparing since after their fight, mine's next".

"Oh ok... Good luck on your fight then" He said with a smile.

"Thanks".

I strolled through the hall, heading where Shinsou had entered from the outside of the arena. My instincts were correct as I found him beyond the hall, drinking a soda can from the vending machine.

"Shinso...".

"Uh, (L/n)" Shinsou looked away. "So you saw my quirk then?".

"It's some sort of mind controlling quirk, isn't it?" I said, he didn't reply back. "Those types of quirks, are sometimes percieved as villainous aren't they?" I continued.

"You're right on that" He started to speak. "Brain washing, it allows me to control someone was they answer any question I give to them... Very villainous indeed" he emphasized.

"I'm sorry to describe it that way ..But actually, I don't think quirks can be classified as good or evil. It depends on how you use them" I spoke up.

Shinso looked at me , then glance away with a smile on his face. "You guys are sure something... You and Midoriya" he said. He glanced back at me, his face softened. "I'll work hard to become a hero, you'll see. A hero who'll surpass you guys. So better work hard!" He declared.