《 Chapter 5 : Striving 》

Eversince my encounter with Mr. Yagi , I've doubled my training even more ! Not only am I training on weekends but even on weekdays as well. I would wake up early in the morning and attempt to levitate steel bars and at sunset , I would try and bend metal.

At times , I would suffer the consequences as I surpass my current limit. I would even be absent in class just because of my injuries. There were days I was taken to the hospital because the household servants were worried that I might have injured myself fatally.

"You're  pushing yourself too far Ms. (L/n)" the doctor said during my last check up. "Your body isn't the same as normal children. Which means , it can't take on such strenuous tasks" he warned.

Hearing what he said made my father smile in delight. "I doubt she hears you doctor , she might even be deaf by now" he slurred.

The doctor let out a sigh. "Ms. (L/n) , I am aware that you wish to train for U.A. But studying at a school that requires allot of stress in the body. Your quirk is strong but your body isn't. Not to mention your other condition-"

"Then I'll train my body to match my quirk !" I responded.

"What , didn't you just hear what I-". I ignored what the doctor was blabbering as I began thinking of regiments I could do to increase my physical strength  - mostly around my upper limbs.

"-I should do some seated excercises. Maybe that dorsal raise I've read about. I should try and lift weights ! I think barbells would do - I can even try lifting with quirk at the same time. Yeah !" I began babbling about plans for my new training routine.

The doctor gave up trying to change my mind. My father on the other hand didn't care on what I would do since he believed I might just fail. But like I said , I won't give up.

3 months left before the entrance exam. I could feel like I've improved. I can't say allot , but I could tell that I had made improvements. I'm able to lift 150 pounds of metal so far. What's more , I think the amount of time I have before succumbing into sickness is much longer before. Although , the consequence of it is that if ever I the limit , my bleeding worsens. My eyes turn blood red , and my cough gets more rough.

I know it's dangerous but I'm willing to risk it !

One weekend , just right after my training Endeavor once again visited. He was alone , which I was a bit sad since I wanted Shoto to come and show him my progress. I guess he was busy training for his entrance exam as well . I guess Endeavor solely came for my father. I decided on heading back to training.

I now decided to not just only levitate the barbell , but attempt to bend it as well. I haven't tried it before since I focused on levitating heavy weights. Now that the entrance exam is drawing near , I had to work hard even more.

I took a deep breathe , closed my eyes and concentrated.

I pictured that the barbell , isn't really a barbell. It isn't hard , unbreakable , not flexible. It's ... Like foil , I could tear it apart , rip it...

Crumble it.

After a few minutes , I heard a faint sound of something hard bending.

I opened my eyes to see that the bar of the barbell twisted and bended. I was shocked at what I did and the same time , I felt proud as well. I let out a yell of pure joy.

The butlers and maid rushed out to me , they must have thought I was crying out for help.

"Are you alright , lady  (Y/n) ?!" one of them asked in a worried tone.

"Were you injured ?" another asked.

I shook my head and calmed them down. "I'm not injured - honest ! Sorry if I startled you all. I was just excited" I said , scratching my cheek sheepishly.