《Chapter 15: The day of the Festival》

Today is the day.
The day I've trained so hard for.
The day I show to many that I can fight.
I can be a hero.
The first step in showing the world that one can be a hero despite any ailment they have.

"Are you ready for this?" Aizawa-sensei asked me. He wanted to have a last check up on me before I headed to where my classmates were waiting.

I nodded in response to his question.

"I don't know what you have in stored, but I'm sure its got something to do on why you have decided to cover your legs with a shawl" he said pointing at the shawl covering my legs.

"You don't have to worry Sensei, I did the proper procedures. I've also trained well for this day. I'm not going to falter" I said.

"If that's so, then better go on ahead now or else you'll be late" he said, starting to walk away.

"Right" I said as I strolled to my destination.

"Oh and good luck out there" Aizawa-sensei lastly said, then left off.

Hearing his words, gave me encouragement. Not even my father had bid me good luck as I left. He only said , "I'll be watching to see if any of your school has support items fit for business... also, to see you fail which I know will likely happen".

I doubt your daughter will fail...
Watch me as I surprise you dear father.
One day, you might take all back what you've said about me.

I clenched my fists tightly.

As I arrived at the waiting room, everyone was starting to walk out. I managed to arrive at the nick of time. Kirishima was the one who spotted me and walked towards me.

"(K/nn), I was worried that you might not arrive" Kirishima said.

"I had an errand to do before coming here" I responded.

"Ah (L/n) ! You've finally showed up" Tenya said in his usual stern tone. "I should reprimand you for being late, but nevertheless you still managed to arrive right before the opening ceremony".

I should have known. Tenya doesn't remember me. Yet, I don't care. With him around, I find myself at ease. He may not remember me, but as long as I managed to see him again, this is much better.

It would be a surprise to many though if I started calling him by his first name all of a sudden.

"...(k/nn)...Hello (k/nn)?" Kirishima was waving his hand in front of me, trying to get my attention. "You were somewhat in a trance , are you sure you're alright?" he had a worried expression on his face.

"I promise you Kirishima, I'm alright. A bit nervous- but fine and ready for the sports festival" I replied.

"Alright then".

All of us walked out and headed to the stadium where everyone would see us. The crowd was wild, I could feel so many eyes looking at me- it made me slightly nervous. But that won't hinder me on doing my best !

Watch me as I show to you all what I can do.

Once all students have appeared, Bakugo was made to give an opening speech. But-

"I pledge-- That I'll be number one".

Rather than recieving an applause, what he got were boos from the other students. For us on the other hand, we weren't surprised that he'd declared something such us that in front of a large audience. All though, because of this declaration- we've made more enemies than we expected to have.

Bakugo, you are certainly a war maniac.

"Hehehe, look at that, a girl on wheelchair participating? I guess this competition would be easy" I looked not far from me to see some students looking at me. They were laughing at my predicament.