《Chapter 17: Disowned yet Accepted》

"I envy you that you still pursue on being a hero despite all these signs, these whispers, all these factors telling you to stop".

I don't know who this guy is, but he just suddenly passes me by and asks this random question. Well, it isn't really a random question, more like a personal one.

"Do you have a problem or something?" I turned to this strange boy.

"Oh nothing, I'm just expressing how astounded I am that you push forward despite all this weight pulling you down. You're very much amazing, (Y/n) (L/n)- did I say your name correctly?" He said in a monotone voice.

"Yeah" I've got the feeling that this guy's trouble. "You have other things to say to me?".

"My, you certainly are feisty" He said.

"I get that a lot" I replied.

"You have a really sharp tongue-"

"Do you have any other things to say? If you plan on vexing try a little harder next time. I've already been told those things already, sometimes they're on loop" I said turning my back on him. I was wasting my time on this guy.

"You sure are lucky, even if you lost your legs. The quirk you have still helps you out. In fact, that quirk of yours is something others would want... Unlike this stupid no good one I own" He muttered enough for me to hear.

"Anyways, see you on the next round (Y/n) (L/n)" he then left.

That boy... His words echoed in my mind as I continued on walking away.

"I admit... I'm lucky to have this quirk. But to treat the quirk you have as somewhat a curse- there are those who were born quirkless and wish to possess quirks..." I mumbled to myself.

"Yo! Yo! If it isn't the Rising star (L/n)".

I looked ahead of me to see Present Mic and Aizawa-sensei walking towards my direction.

"Present Mic, Sensei".

"Shouldn't you be having your lunch break?" Aizawa-sensei spoke.

"Uh-y-yeah! I just went to the waiting room and grabbed my wheelchair" I responded.

"Why don't you walk with us (L/n), we're going to the same place after all- yeah~" Present Mic said.

"Sure" I nodded.

"I'm impressed you managed to hold yourself out there. In normal circumstances you would be already giving in to the side effects of your quirk" Aizawa-sensei said to me as we walked- they did the walking , I was rolling.

"Hehehehe, yeah- I've done some immense training to help me out" I replied to him.

"I could tell, anyways- have you taken your medicine ? Recovery girl told you that you should take it twice a day: when you wake up and before you sleep" He said.

"Of course! I'm not gonna let my accidents ruin the sports festival!" I said.

"Why am I seeing a conversation between a Father and daughter rather than seeing a conversation between teacher and student" Present Mic chimed in. Hearing what he said somehow made me embarrassed.