《Chapter 28: Influence with Riches》

"(K/nn)" Kirishima said as he approached me after class ended. We hadn't really spoken that much today since he was mostly busy with his intership application. "Since we don't really have that much homework at our hands.. I was thinking" He shrugged shyly which I found it adorable. "You and I-"

"(Y/n), we're going home" Shoto unawarly interrupted.

"T-Todoroki" Krisihima jumped back. "Oh, I forgot... You two are living together now" he then backed away.

"It's not really what you're thinking Kirishima!" I quickly responded. "It's a bit complicated" As much as I wanted to tell him, I just couldn't. I didn't want him to worry about me being disowned.

"Yeah... It kind of clearly is" Kirishima mumbled. "It's alright! I understand you and Toroki have some business to do. Maybe next time then" he then left.

"What was his problem?" Shoto questioned.

"How dense can you be?" I retaliated.

Shoto just ignored me, "Come on. Let's go home" he said as he exited the room. I begrudgingly followed spitting curses at him under my breath.

I ignored the stares some students were giving to us as we made our way outside. I felt bad for Kirishima and pissed off at this blunt humanoid hot and cold water dispenser. Neither of us talked, even during the car ride home. Shoto was just staring outside the window, I did the same ignoring his presence.

When I saw Kirishima and Bakugo walking side by side, I felt sad. I could be hanging out with them, but here I am somehow being an obedient puppy. Why did I even follow him? I could've just said no and stuck with Kirishima! How stupid could I be!?

As we arrived, Fuyumi welcomed us home. "Welcome home you two, had a good day-" before she could finish her words Shoto just headed back into his room. "I'll take that as a yes" she said.

"Is Shoto always like that?" I asked.

"He tends to be like that and be a bit distant at times" Fuyumi chuckled awkwardly. "I'm used to it already" she said scratching the back of her head. "Anyways, why don't you go change as well?"

"Alright" I responded as I made my way to my room. I decided to change into my leg braces to better move around the house, and also I plan on training in the yard later to test out my endurance.

After the quiet dinner which me, Shoto and Fuyumi shared, I decided to do my late night training. After helping with the dishes and doing some advance reading on my lessons, I head to the makeshift training grounds the property had.

I decided to do some sprints- well, it's mostly to practice on my manipulation with the leg braces. Even though I somewhat used them during the sports festival, I still haven't gotten the hanging in using them. Also... I still have to better control my powers- especially that pressure I felt during the tournament.

My powers are strong but are unstable if I reach that point. Yet, they would be so beneficial as well. If only I knew how to utilize it...

Oh to have Katsuki and Kirishima right now and train with the two, I could experiment my powers on them. But I doubt Endeavor would allow classmates coming over. And it would be shameful on my part... They just took me in after that peasant sorry excuse of a man threw me out. I should know my place in this household and not be all too homey and
comfortable. I should know my place here.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned around to find Shoto in a white tanktop and jogging pants. I wasn't surprised that he'd be here as well, but I was surprised at his attire. It wasn't everyday you get to see him in quiet breezy clothing. It makes one surprised that he had a toned body... Especially those biceps- what the hell am I talking about?