Prison or not

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. It was the day of the court case and I couldn't help but cry. Mascara covered my face in tear streaks and my hair was in a tangled mess. I walked back to the bed and fell on it, not wanting 2 oclock to ever come. What if he's sent to prison? Kept flashing through my mind that one question.

I lifted my pajama top to reveal my 1 month baby bump, it didn't show but I knew there was a human inside me, growing, needing love and happiness and I would be the one to give it that. I was jolted from my thought's by a knock on my bedroom door. Talia's dad came in with his Black suit and bowtie. He smiled at me and held his hands out which I ran into for a warming hug. I felt him kiss my head and lead me to the bed. I sat down and he sat at the side of me.

"you have to get dressed sometime, Matt need's you kiddo, more than you know. He loves you and he's expecting you there for at least hope. Besides you need to keep him out of prison for the baby's sake." My head shot up and I looked at Mr Jacobs. He had a genuine smile and he rubbed my arm's.

"You're a police officer, shouldn't you be against it or something?"

"Sky, in the 4 month I've known you, you have become a second daughter. I am a police officer but I wont let a think like my job interfere with love like your's and Matt's. I'll be with you all the way through out the court, no matter what happen's." I hug him again and squeeze him while repeating the word thank you a thousand time's in his ear. "Sky, get dressed we need to go!"

I nodded and put my ladie's suit on and tied my hair into a messy bun. Talia came into my room and made me hold out my hands. I did as she said and she delicately placed the necklace Matt bought me in my hand. I looked at her before pouncing on her giving her a bear hug.

"Matt would want you to wear it, not for it to be chucked on the side and forgotten about." I placed the necklace around my neck and kissed the charm. I then turned to Talia amd smiled at her.

"Thank you, for everything, I seriously wouldn't have got this far without you...and Ben. I am eternaly gratefull" She hugged me again as a tear slipped her eye.

"No dont thank me, you deserve happiness after all you've been through. I will always be here, through the pregnancy and through his or her's life after. I will be your shoulder to cry on, ok?" I shook my head amd she held out her hand, which I gladly took.  We slowly walked downstairs, where her dad was waiting. He smiled at me as we made it out to the car and began our drive to the court case. Talia held me hand all the way there and all the way into the court room. I looked at the judge and then the people who were here on behalf of me and Matt. That consisted on: Me, Talia, Ben, Mr Jones, Lila (the nice receptionist) and some other's. We were all told to be seated and did so without questioning.

( I dont know how a court case goes so just deal with this...thanks)

The judge began speaking and called out random laws and rules. Things that were aloud and things that weren't. All that shiz. Matt was shouted in and was led by two police officer's. As soon as he saw me his face lightened up and he smiled at me. I returned in and mouthed I love you to him. Which he then mouthed back. They sat him roughly in the chair and the jugde began speaking.

"Matthew Robert Smith, age 23, teacher, crime:dating pupil amd breaking the law in subsection c paragraph 32....Durey if you will." A tall man began pacing in front of Matt clicking his pen once or twice before finally talking.

"Mr Smith, is it true you dated Miss Skylar Philips knowing she was underage."

"yes"

"Why may I ask would you do that, if you knew the consequences?"

"because I love her that's why" I smiled at him and he did the same.

"your honour,  as you can see, this man intentionaly went out with Miss Philips knowing it was illegal. Therefore he is guilty and should be sentenced."

No...no way is that happening, not today and not ever. I stood up just as the Judge was about to say guilty and stopped him.

"Your honour, if you would, I would like to speak to you."

"who exactly are you, young lady?"

"my name's skylar Philips. The girl that man's in love with. Please may I make youe aquatance sir?"

The judge nodded and I walked towards the stands to where Matt was and the judge.

"well, proceed" I inhaled amd exhaled before beginning the speech I had planned since Matt first was captured.

"Your honour, you look in your early 40's maybe late 40's...may I ask have you got a wife.?" He nodded so I continued. "how old is your wife?"

"45 why do you ask?"

"and how old are you?"

"53"

"Your honour, the age difference between you and your wife is higher than the age difference that me and Matt have. There is 8 years between you and your wife. where as between me and Matt it is 6. So how come that is right for you, yet wrong for other's. As a judge it is only right that everyone is treated fairly article 5 of the human rights declaration. There are men of 60 dating women of 34. There are womem of 68 dating men of 23 so why yet again is it wrong for me and Matt. yes I understand he's a teacher and Im his pupil. But that is not the same outside of school. outside I am not a student and he is not a teacher, We never showed affection towards one another in school. I am begging you your honour, see what you are doing, see that he has done nothing wrong or disobeyed any law. If you asked any person that is here for that man in the chair and our relationship they would tell you why you have to let him go. I love him and he loves me. If that isn't a relationship worthy of bringing into the world then I don't know what is. Please your honour just listen to me" All of a sudden I hear Talia's voice ring out behind me.

"your honour. My names Talia, im a friend of Sky's and also of Matt. If you would have seen the way they were together and how in love they were then you wouldn't have taken them away from one another. Please, please, please just let them be together."

The judge stares at me and Talia and you can see the clog turning round in his brain. processing everything we just said.

"We will decide amongst ourselves and will give you an amswer in 2 minuets. I looked over to Matt who stared at me with love in his eyes smiling. I wanted to kiss him so much but I couldn't and knowing that broke my heart. I felt Talia wrap her arm around  my shoulder in a tight embrace as the judge turned back around.

"we have made a decision.  Matt will not be sent to prison" Everyone cheered and I looked over to Matt who's smile became 10 times wider. The judge banged the stick down and the room fell back silent.

"He will not be sent to prison but...he cannot be in contact with you, see you or speak to you in anyway for 4 years due to the fact he did brake the law. No matter how convincing your speech was." My heart dropped. He wouldn't be there for the birth of the baby. Nor could he see the baby. I fell to the floor crying and I could hear Matt screaming my name, trying to get to me. I was helped up by Talia and looked at Matt fightimg against the police to get to me.

"patients,  mr smith, you can see her for the last time in a minute there is more to explain. This will not be spoken of again. After 4 years you can see one another and not be bothered by police or court, but for now it is official and your relationship is over. Let him go see her for the last time." The officers let Matt go and he ran over squeezing me in a cuddle. I pulled back and quickly kissed him.

"Nevee forget me. Ok. I love you so much and I will wait for you!"

"I love you too, I'll be fine Sky. just dont leave me. I will find you when this is all over." He turned to the judge "where am I going?"

"London, Mr Smith" This caused me to cry even more. Matt kept a hold of me until eventually he was taken away and I wouldn't be able to see him for 4 years. Nor would his child. I couldn't tell him now or he wont leave and it will make the situation worse. When we arrived home I took out the photo's of me and Matt and held them to my heart, before laying down and falling into a deep sleep. Cuddled up into a pillow wishing Matt was there.

He's called Matt smith and he's my teacherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें