Shouldn't Have Asked

Brantley hadn't worried too much when he saw that Lila had left before the end of VIP. He knew that Caroline had likely found her and they were around causing mayhem. It was when the cart and PJ were gone that he started to worry. He tried calling her phone, but it went straight to voicemail. What the hell was going on?

Before he could dial PJ he saw his cart flying towards him with PJ at the wheel. "PJ! What the hell is going on? Lila didn't answer her phone." He said walking towards the man. When he saw PJ's face he felt like the floor had fallen from under his feet. "What happened?" "Get in! They're taking her to the hospital in an ambulance. We can still catch them."

Feeling like he was going to be sick BG hoped the door and PJ floored the cart. "What happened?!" He repeated wanting to know what he was going into. "I don't know, BG. She said she didn't feel good. She wanted some air and food. So I took her to the stand, I was putting space between her and some girls that had spotted her when I saw her eyes roll back and she just went down."

Brantley ran a hand over his face feeling a cold sweat breaking out over his body. "I caught her before she hit her head, but she wouldn't wake up. So I ran her straight to the medics. I told them I had to get you and they we're going to try to wait." They turned the last corner seeing a crowd surrounding one of the ambulances. He saw his beautiful wife laying on a bed in the back.

He quickly jumped from the cart running towards the doors of the ambulance. PJ had his back making sure he didn't have a problem. In this state he was likely to kill someone for getting in his way. One of the medics tried to stop him from getting in before they realized who he was. "Get your fucking hand off me! That's my wife!" He yelled.

Immediately realizing their mistake the medic let him go and jumped out shutting the door. He heard the driver telling PJ where they were going in the background. He quickly grabbed his wife's hand kissing her rings.

"What the hell is wrong with her?" He asked angered even though he knew the medic hadn't done anything wrong

"From what the gentleman with her told us we think it's her blood sugar. Is she diabetic?" He asked. "What? No! She's always been fine." He answered. "Has she been tired recently? Drinking more? Getting headaches?" Brantley felt worse with each question. "We just got back on tour. She had been modeling in New York for the week before. She said she was tired, but we thought it was just stress. She didn't say anything about headaches, but I've seen her taking Advil most days. She was drinking a lot of water because of how fast you can dehydrate at shows like this. Oh my god!"

He couldn't believe he hadn't made her go to the doctor when he noticed how tired she was. Her escape to get her nails done earlier had been a relief to him since she hadn't felt up to much lately. "Her side was hurting!" He said trying to think of anything else that could help them make his wife better. "She thought it was from picking up her suitcase but now..." he buried his face in her hand as the tears welled up.

"Is she going to be ok?" He asked the medic as he wiped away the tears. "I'm going to be straight with you, Mr. Gilbert. I would want that with my own wife. Her blood sugar is approaching coma levels. I'm doing everything I can, but we need to get her to a doctor." Brantley almost wished he hadn't been so honest.

His baby couldn't be this sick. She was fine a few hours ago. This had to be some sort of nightmare. But every time he blinked she was still laying there on a gurney in the back of an ambulance. She ate right and exercised almost daily, how was this possible.

He realized they must have made it to the hospital when the bus pulled to a stop. The doors flew open and a team rushed to grab his wife's bed. People were yelling numbers and none of it made sense to him. He heard the words ICU and felt like he couldn't breath.

When they told him to wait when they reached a set of double doors it took four orderlies to keep him from following his wife. He knew people were recording him and he wasn't being rational but that was his wife! His entire life was back there and they stood in the way of it.

He saw a doctor approaching him with a needle and swung on him. The doctor obviously not new to emergency situations seemed to have expected that and put the needle in his shoulder quickly injecting him. He grabbed the doctors jacket as he felt the effect of what must have been a sedative. "You save my wife! You save her or kill me!" He said as the medicine took effect and he fell like a brick wall.