Should Have Let Me Hit Her

Brantley watched in fascination as the ladies seemed to instinctively know trouble was near. Almost as one they looked up, reminding him of a pack of lioness', his baby girl was busy coloring her book and holding his hand. If this woman, he hesitated calling her a lady, had any self preservation she would know not to fuck with these ladies.

Lila Jane in this mindset turned them all into mama bears ready to kill for their cub. He knew this girl didn't have the sense God gave her when she put her hand on his and Jason's shoulders when she walked up. He was able to quickly lean to the side and save himself, but Jason wasn't so lucky.

The look Brittney was giving the girl was enough to peel paint. He almost felt sorry for this girl, almost. "Hi, well look at this bunch of good looking men." She said looking around the table. The guys all subtly putting an arm across their wives. Luke not so subtly since Caroline was ready to kill.

"I'm Krystal I'll be your waitress this morning." She said leaning on Jason. The guys watched in shock as this woman was completely ignoring all the signs she was in danger. "Daddy, can I have pancakes?" Lila Jane asked him, done with her picture. The woman looked disgusted at her.

"Is something wrong with her? Is she your sick sister or something?" She asked him. He looked at this creature with disgust. His baby girl started crying and he saw red. He grabbed her from her seat, cradling her in his arms, putting her head in his neck and rocking her slightly.

He watched unsurprised as Caroline broke free of Luke and was half way across the table before he grabbed hold of her. "Let me go, Thomas! I'm gonna pull that whore's weave out!" She growled doing her best to break free. The girl backed up scared, finally seeing the looks on the wives faces. He didn't know a grown man that wouldn't be scared facing that.

"I think it's best you get the manager." Thomas said, his wife Lauren looking as fierce as he had ever seen her. "Get! Bitch!" Caroline yelled, causing the girl to fall over herself trying to get away. The guys spent the next few minutes trying to calm their partners down.

"Am I weird?" Lila quietly asked Brantley. He had never even considered hitting a woman like he did in that moment. "Babygirl, you are perfection. You are Lila Jane Gilbert and I love everything about you. God made you just for this mess of a man." He couldn't believe that bitch had done this to his baby. She had a hard time being herself, his choice to be a public figure making it so much harder on her.

She put on a brave face and most days she held her middle finger to the world and didn't give a fuck what they thought. People getting personal with her choices always sent a shot under her armor. He was glad her girls were here to make her forget about this.

"You should have let me hit her at least once, Luke!" Caroline grumbled getting up to walk to her girly. "Babygirl, people like that...thing, only pick on people because they are so self-conscious. You being able to be yourself makes her so jealous that she lashed out at you. Don't you think on that for another minute." Caroline grabbed her purse and using her special mom powers pulled a lollipop from her purse.

"Now I'm gonna give this to your daddy and I bet he will let you have it after breakfast." She said getting a smile from Lila Jane. "Caro, she cant.." "It's sugar-free." She whispered to him. He smiled in gratefulness. "Well that sounds like a deal to me." He said giving his wife a smile.

An older man with a shirt bearing the name of the restaurant rushed in the room. "Hello, I'm James Neary, I'm the manager of this restaurant. I'm sorry to hear we have a problem here." He looked scared seeing the men in the room. He knew a bad word from any of them could ruin them.

"Look, sir, that waitress has caused a lot of grief. We would appreciate it if she was kept clear and we could get a new server." Luke said his hand over Caro's mouth to stop her brutal truth. "Of course, Sir! I'm so sorry to hear that. We've had this kind of complaint with her before and she was on her final warning as it was. I didn't know she had been assigned to your party. I'll have our most seasoned server to you immediately."

Somewhat appeased they sat waiting to see what would happen next. An older woman that reminded Brantley of his mama walked in putting them all at ease somewhat. Lila Jane looked out worried that she would be picked at again. "Hi, it's so nice to meet you. My name is Nancy, and I'll be your server today. What can I get you folks?" She said with a motherly smile.

They looked to Brantley knowing this would be the test of wether they stayed or left. "Yes, ma'am. Do you have a diabetic type of your pancakes?" He asked. She took he and Lila Jane in, they all sighed in relief when she smiled and spoke to Lila Jane. "I'm betting they're for this princess here, huh? This one here doesn't look like he watches what he eats." She said with a wink to Lila.

Her giggle warmed his heart. "No! Daddy eats everything!" She said grinning at having a joke about him. "Hey now! There's no fat on me, unlike some at this table." He laughed looking at Luke. Making Luke grab his chest in hurt, his baby laughing wildly at the joke. "Thank you." Brantley mouthed to the wonderful waitress.

She leaned in, "No worries, honey. My husband and I were quite the hot ticket when we were younger as well." She said with a wink. Something about the way she said it making him blush. "Awww, better get a picture I doubt this tough guy blushes much. I feel honored." She laughed.

"But getting back to your food, it's not on the menu, but I'll have the kitchen whip something up for this young lady. Now what about the rest of you?" She said with a smile.

Despite a truly rocky start, breakfast was so much fun with their new friend, Nancy, who kept the ladies happy and the guys food coming, which was all they could have asked for. When they got up to leave they found that their check was covered compliments of the restaurant.

They left the restaurant all in a good mood and the ladies ready to shop till they dropped. The guys got together and left two tickets and PJ's number for the concert that weekend.

Time to battle the stores.