Peace Offerings

Brantley was laughing as he was about to walk off the bus for the show. He had come back after VIP to check on his girl, to find her painting PJ's nails as they discussed cartoons. He didn't think anyone but PJ would be able to handle their crazy. He shiver at the thought of him one day retiring.

There was a knock on the door that caused his laughter to stop. Lila Jane quickly tried to go open it, but PJ grabbed her and reminder her she wasn't to open doors unless she knew who it was. He knew it could be anyone, the band should be heading to stage, and the rest of the performers were either backstage or at the bonfire they had burning when he walked by.

He grabbed the Kimber he kept in his waistband until he hit the stage. Keeping it behind him went to answer the door. The quiet yell of, "Be careful, Daddy!", Making him want to smile. "Who is it?" He called as he neared the stairs. "It's me, BG! Don't shoot!" He heard the voice of his drummer outside the door. Brantley sighed and answered the door, kicking it open. He made a show of putting the safety back on the gun and putting back in his waistband.

"Wait! I have Peace offerings!" He yelled. Brantley smirked, at least the rest of the world still respected his danger, just not the tiny woman on the bus. Seeing the drummer loaded down with bags he waved him on. "Come on then. We ain't got much time." Ben quickly walked behind him and up the few stairs. Lila Jane squealed when she saw colorful shopping bags. The sound making Hunter howl and the guys grab their ears.

She blushed, "Sorry, I thought I saw presents." She said in apology. "Actually, you did, Boss Lady. I felt bad about earlier, so I went out and got you and your dog a few things." He explained putting the bags down. "Hunter, not dog, it's Hunter." She said sassily. It made Ben wince, but a quick snap and look from Brantley had her murmuring a quick sorry.

Ben quickly emptied the bags and showed her what he had gotten.

"Did you know you can make stuffed animals?!" Ben asked seeming amazed

"Did you know you can make stuffed animals?!" Ben asked seeming amazed. Brantley sighed and put his head in his hands. "Ya, the brat knows." He explained. Lila Jane just grinned at her daddy as she thought of all the times she and Tinsley had conned him into buying them new stuffies from Build-A-Bear. She loved her pint-sized partner in crime.

"Well, I made a unicorn queen cause I thought you'd like her." Lila Jane cried and grabbed the stuffed unicorn with both hands. Ben looked terrified. "It's fine, she's happy." Brantley told him as he watched his wife overreact to the toy. "Well, I also got you these." He said handing her a sheet of nail polish stickers. "It's in case you don't wanna wear your bracelet. They let medical people know what's wrong. At least, that's what the nail lady said." He said shuffling his feet.

Brantley was shocked at the thoughtful gifts. This was a man who usually thought his presence was a gift. He was impressed with his drummer, who wasn't done yet. "I also remember seeing you wear that unicorn backpack and Caroline told me they had something called a dog boutique near here and I found this." He said handing her a dog backpack that had unicorns on it that she could put on Hunter. Brantley swore that dog looked at him with pleading eyes.

Brantley simply held his hands up in innocence. "Wasn't me." He mouthed to the dog. He watched as the dog sighed and laid his head on his mama's foot. "And I got this for when he isn't on duty." He said showing her a Hunter sized shirt that read Security. Lila Jane took her presents and grabbed Ben in a hug. "Thank you, Benny. These are the best gifts ever!" She said happily. PJ gave the man a nod of approval as he blew on his wet nails.

What they wouldn't do for a crazy little lady named Lila Jane, thought Brantley.

*small chapter to start the next leg fresh*