Lying and Lulu's

As the meeting wrapped up it was nearing 5pm. They had gotten a lot done and even made group reservations at a few places they knew in the different cities. The guys seeing their calendars put away and the talk winding down were heading across the field.

"Alright, Lauren." Lila Jane said getting her attention. "Now Caroline and I will take this one. But I want you to watch, the goal is to have you be able to do this soon." "Do what soon?" BG asked as he got in hearing distance.

"Leave." She said with a straight face. "We have to get going soon." She said looking at her watch. "Hey, babe?" She asked her husband. "Yes?" "Where will we be tomorrow morning?" As if she didn't know damn good and well they were stopping in Richmond. The drivers knew to give the wives a separate itinerary and keep their mouths shut.

"Uh, I think we're stopping around Richmond for the night. With the push back we don't have to be to in Mansfield for two days. So we're taking it easy." She nodded her head smiling. Caroline picked up the lead. "Hey Luke? What was that place you took me to last time we were in Richmond? That little diner that was so good?" They could tell their husbands were suspicious but couldn't find the catch yet.

"Oh, Lulu's! Ya, that place is good. They do brunch now." Oh, it was almost too easy, though Lila Jane. "They have sugar-free stuff there?" Lila asked her accomplice. "I think so. Luke, didn't they have that healthy eaters menu that you refused?" She said smiling like she was remembering.

"Some nasty shit. Spinach isn't mean to be in eggs." He said shuddering. "BG, you think we could go there for breakfast tomorrow?" She asked shading her eyes to look up at her husband. Completely not knowing that it shone a light on the insulin pump on her arm. She had to take it up a step though, she could see the gears in her husbands head turning. Caroline had it a lot easier with Luke.

"Ya, I guess I don't see any reason we can't." He said finally. "Maybe we could join them, Luke?" Caroline asked. "Sure, I don't care. Long as I don't have to eat that crap." Game, set, match. They had a proud moment when Brittney K. and Hayley took the torch.

"Hey Bri, if they have vegan options maybe we should go too?" She suggested other husband. "It would be nice to have breakfast together." Hayley said looking at Tyler. Katie just smiled, Justin would have known by now that they were going too.

"So we meet up for breakfast in the morning. Good idea guys." She said standing. Thankful her vision had cleared a while back. "BG, could you please carry my chair Luke was nice enough to put out?" She said as she hugged the girls and told them she would see them in the morning. "Sure thing, baby girl." He said collapsing the chair.

She waved and grabbed her husbands hand as they walked back to their blacked out bus. "So what time are the reservations?" He asked throwing it in the conversation. "I don't know what you mean." She said a look of confusion on her face. He pulled her to a stop and put her chair back under the bus.

"So you expect me to believe that you have no plans and the entire group is gonna walk in the restaurant tomorrow and there won't be a table waiting for us." She shrugged. "How would I know, Big Daddy?" She asked innocently. "See.." He said shaking his ringed finger. "That right there tells me you're up to something. You haven't been innocent in any way in 5 years."

"Well that's because some hot shot singer rose in on his Harley and took it." She teased. He smiled at his wife. "And did I lie? Have you regretted it since?" He asked leaning down to kiss her. "Not for a second." She said with a smacking kiss before getting on the bus.

It wasn't until they were on the road he realized she hadn't answered his question. They were curled up in his recliner watching the guys of Gas Monkey later that night when he remembered. There had been a few prepared meals in their fridge waiting. He would bet on the Kelly's by its vegetarian contents.

He watched and held her hand just like he promised as she pricked her finger before eating and put all her numbers and carbs into the little phone looking computer. He checked his email while she was eating and had come across a very interesting one.

"So I got an email." He started. "Oh, ya?" She asked splitting her attention between the food, tv and him. "Ya, weirdest thing. It was confirming a reservation for Lulu's Cafe for tomorrow. But you didn't make one, right?" He said rubbing his beard in thought. He saw her pause only slightly before she kept eating.

Little witch was a pro, this was a big league game in the world of truth dancing. "Umm, I made one after we decided to go. I forgot to tell you." Nice one, babe. "Oh I see, it's weird cause I didn't see you make one." He said upping the anti. "I did it while I was in the bathroom." Quick thinking, little girl. "Oh, I see." He said nodding.

"You know what happens if I find out you're lying, Lila Jane, don't you?" He said quietly. She swallowed hard. "Ya, if you find out I get 10 with a belt." She said. He didn't miss the wording of that, but having no proof he had to let it slide.

Breakfast was a set up, I have no proof so I can't call them on it.

He sent out the message to the guys. The girls were top of their game. They would have to be on their toes this tour that's for sure.