Rude Awakwning

He realized his mistake in telling her about New York before bed moments after he finished his sentence. It was near 1 am before he got her to calm down and quit texting Caroline long enough to go to sleep.

He should have known better than to think he would have a morning where he woke up on his own. There was a reason he had to change the gate code so often at home. That reason was 5' 4", blonde, and currently beating down the door of his bus. He didn't know how his wife always slept through this.

He growled and threw the covers off of him. Walking to the door in his boxer briefs, he stomped down the three steps and threw the door open. "Why did Luke let you out of your cage so early?! We agreed never earlier than 9!" He growled. She grinned and patted his chest as she walked past him.

"Looking good there, BG. Might have to make Luke go with you sometimes, the man is addicted to kids snacks." "He has a snickers stash." He heard from the hall. "Great now you're both up, just great." He said stomping to the kitchen area to start coffee.

It was way to early to have them together. "You gonna put on pants, babe?" Lila Jane asked with a giggle. "No! I'm not! This is my bus and it is too damn early for this." He said bitchy from lack of sleep. "Where's Luke?! Why isn't he here helping me?" He demanded looking to Caroline.

She looked down at the kitchen table she and Lila had sat down at. "He didn't exactly know I'm here..." she whispered. It must have been his lack of coffee that hadn't made him realize how odd it was she wasn't followed by her husband and she was in pajamas. "Caroline! Where is Luke?" He asked stalking toward the table. "Umm, well you see..."

"It's best just to tell him quickly." Lila whispered knowing how much trouble her friend was about to be in. "Well, you know how I have sleeping pills for planes?" She asked quietly. "Ya?" She simply stared at him a moment. "Caroline Boyer Bryan! Are you telling me you drugged your husband?" He honestly didn't know why he was as shocked as he was.

After a few moments he laughed. "Oh shit, your ass is grass, darlin'." He said still laughing. Grabbing his coffee cup he turned around. "If you ever get an idea like that, little girl." He said pointing to his wife. "I would never, big daddy!" She said hands raised. "Keep it that way."

"So when should he wake up?" He asked Caroline. He was so glad it wasn't his baby girl for once. "I don't know I.." "CAROLINE BOYER BRYAN!!" Was heard clear across the bus lot. "I think he's awake." Snickered Brantley. "Oh shit." Caroline whispered fearfully. "It's ok the doors locked." Lila tried helping.

"The hell it is!" Brantley was having a great morning now.  "Big daddy, don't be mean!" Lila Jane said pleadingly. Their door was knocked on again. This time the knocks seemed to rock the bus. "Caroline!! Get your ass out here now!" They heard Luke yell from outside.

"Brantley Keith! Don't you do it!" He laughed at her attempt to sound tough to him. To others it might have stopped them, he knew she was all bark unless it was a real threat. He happily walked to the door with his coffee, throwing open the door.

"Good morning, sleepy head." He said giving Luke a shit eating grin. "Where is she, BG?" He asked in quiet fury. "Thelma and Louise are in the kitchen." Luke stomped up the steps raging like a bull onto the bus. "Nice boxers, man." BG called laughing. Hell, this was funny when it wasn't him.

He went to the kitchen to watch the show. "You have to the count of 3 to get moving or I give your punishment here." He said the quiet fury something Lila Jane had never heard from him. Caroline took off running out of the bus and back to hers.

Luke turned to BG running his hand down his face in disbelief. "She fuckin' drugged me!" BG had to hold the counter to keep from falling while he laughed. "Better you than me, brother!" She took in the sight in front of her and a wonderful, amazing, evil idea hatched.

She quickly and quietly opened her phone and turned on the camera.  She got in a position to run, "Smile Guys!" She called grinning. They both looked at her confused. She quickly snapped the picture and took off running. By the shaking of the bus she knew her mountain of a husband was hot on her heels.

"Give me the phone, Lila Jane!!" He called. She quickly shut herself in the bathroom and sent it to the OWC. Captioned: What a sight to wake up to. She shut her phone and quickly unlocked the door before he got too mad. "You sent it didn't you?" He sighed. She nodded smiling happily.

"Lord above give me strength." He said rubbing his eyes. She knew he wouldn't mind too much since the girls wouldn't share it and it would go toward his story telling later. It had been a calculated risk. "Get your little ass in bed. They're gonna be a while and I need more sleep since someone kept me up late."

She made a running jump for the bed. Climbing in on her side. He sighed too tired to bother telling her not to jump on the bed for the millionth time. "Alright, let me get a few more hours of sleep and then it will really be time to meet up with the others." She listened as he grumbled about crazy ass women before falling asleep.

She didn't plan on falling asleep as well but the bed was soft and the warmth and smell of Brantley never failed in making her drowsy. Before she closed her eyes she saw a message come from Katie who was parked next to The Bryan's bus that made her grin.

I don't know what Caroline did but it sounds like it was fun. 😈