Necessities of Life

Breakfast was amazing. It felt so good to be surrounded by friends that could relate on every level. They were sitting and just enjoying the company when Carolina noticed her bag. "Holy shit! Bitch is that the new Louboutin bag that comes out next month?!"  "Caroline!" Luke reprimanded. "Not now Thomas Luther this is Louboutin!"

All the women gasped and the men looked confused and exasperated. Lila leaned slightly hoping to hide the bag some. "It might be." She said quietly. She had forgotten she hadn't told Caroline about her last photo shoot yet. Caroline looked at her for a moment.

"If I look under this table am I gonna find the matching shoes?" She asked seriously. Lila looked to Brantley for help but he just smiled and shook his head. "Uh, not matching no....the blue." She said quietly. She heard Caroline's nails tapping the table in a quick rhythm.

"Did you go to Louboutin without me?" She asked. "No, I would never! You remember the shoot I got back from in New York a few days before tour?" Caroline nodded showing she did. "It's was Louboutin. I'm sorry I knew you couldn't come with Bobo and Tater so I didn't want to wave it in front of you. These were the ones I was modeling and he let me take them."

Caroline only held the serious look for about 10 more seconds. Then laughing she gave Lila a high five. "But next samples come to mama?" She said winking. "Lord knows Luke doesn't buy me designer." She pouted. "Woman, you are a bold faced liar!" Luke exclaimed. "I bought you those house payment of a set of shoes just last month."

Caroline mumbles under her breath. "Wanna say that louder?" He asked quietly. "No." She said knowing when to quit in public. "Well I did some research last night and found out they have a candy store here that is massive. It has everything including Sugar-free and vegan." She said looking at the couples.

The girls made noises of excitement while the guys groaned. "You really need to go shopping at a candy store, baby?" BG asked. She leaned in close to her husband. "I get my ladies time next week and I can't eat any of the chocolate I stocked anymore." She whispered quietly.

Brantley immediately stood up. "Hey guys, lets head over to this store before we have to go back to the buses." He pulled his wife's chair out, the others following suit. She laughed imagining what people here thought seeing some of the biggest names in country music walking behind their wives to a candy store.

At the door BG and Luke pulled their wives to a stop knowing if anyone would start something it would be these two. "Ok, ground rules. No climbing, no jumping, no hitting, no biting. You go in get what you want and be back here standing in front of us in 20 minutes." BG looked over. "Anything to add, Luke?" "Just try to behave yourselves."

"Alright, you all have your expense cards?" He asked the girls. The record labels gave out credit cards for food and hotel stays as needed on tours as big as these. This was an expense necessary to all their health and marriages.

All the ladies whipped out their black personalized cards faster than you could say 'charge it'. "The hell? Y'all keep those in a holster?!" He asked amazed at the speed of all of them. "All right, be good and God Speed." He said dismissing the ladies to the store.

"Anyone wanna make a bet which of them gets in trouble first?" BG asked, watching as his wife and Caroline joined hands and ran for the gourmet section. "I got $20 on Caroline." Luke said. The betting was open.

-_-_-_-_
Lila Jane and Caroline looked around. It was such a beautiful sight. Floor to ceiling and wall to wall chocolate. Flags from countries hung over aisles containing their chocolate. They found baskets and handed them out to the group. "Ok, we have 20 minutes team, we need to be smart about this."  Lila looked over the areas and formed a plan.

"We're gonna go in pairs. Kelly and Hubbard, you're taking the vegan aisles. Moore and Aldean, you have self serve jars. Rhett can you take international? Stick to Japan and Sweden. Bryan and I will hit Gourmet and Sugar-Free." She looked at the ladies and didn't see any objections. "Ok, let's do this ladies. Go, go, go!" She said.

With that they split up to conquer the store. First up the gourmet case. Fudge, bonbons, and chocolate covered treats as far as they could see. "Can I help you ladies with anything?" A sweet older woman asked them when she saw them scoping out their choices. "Ma'am, you most certainly can." Caroline said with a huge smile.

When they check out 18 minutes later they were patting themselves on the back for a job well done. They would divi the supply when they got back to the busses. She had tried to keep the owners to their sections but she knew some crossed categories.

It was a chocolate mold in the shape of a Harley that was the beginning of a problem. She tapped Caroline's arm for her to follow her to the shelf. The shelf was at least 7 foot off the ground. In retrospect, they probably should have asked for help or gotten one of the guys. But she wanted it for a present for BG and it didn't seem so height.

Caroline stood watch as she climbed the few shelves between her and her prize. She dropped it down to Caroline with pride and moved to get down. She would have been ok had her heel not gone through one of the holes in the shelving. "No, no, no! Caroline, can you reach me heel to push me out?" She pleaded.

Bless her heart the woman tried. But it was just too high. "I have to get him, LJ." Caroline said regretfully. Lila leaned her head against the rack. "Ya, I know. You tried." She said in thanks to her.

She heard his boots and chains before she saw him. "I gave you simple rules." He said easily plucking his wife from the shelving. "I told you no climbing, didn't I?" He said arms crossed looking down at her. "Yes,sir." She mumbled. He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. "Come on, Caroline has your candy. We need to get back to the buses."

"I got you a chocolate motorcycle." She said sadly as he took her hand. He stopped and turned back to her. "Thank you, babygirl. I'm sure I'll love it. But your safety comes first. So when daddy ask you not to climb on things I mean it." He said strictly before relenting.

"Come here." He said holding out his hands. She smiled and made grabby hands. He laughed easily picking her up, being careful her bottom was covered and her arm was safe. He felt her lay her head on his shoulder as they walked out. "Is she ok?" Caroline asked.

"She's fine." Brantley said rubbing her back. "She just needs a nap." He said, taking the bet money from the guys. "Not even gonna ask." Caroline said taking her husbands hand. They were barely half way to the buses when he hear light snores coming from his shoulder. He pulled the meter from the pocket of her bag and checked it was normal just to be safe.

As they got to the buses the guys had a bit of a surprise. "Ladies, since except for this small hiccup you've all behaved yourselves us husbands have set up a treat of sorts." He explained. Luke took over. "Tomorrow afternoon we will be making a stop in New York City." He quieted the squeals reminding them that Lila Jane was asleep.

"You'll have a day of shopping followed by dinner and none more surprise we'll announce tomorrow." The ladies were bouncing in excitement, well the ones that were awake. "Well, I have to get this little girl to bed. Everybody drive safe and we'll see you in New York."