We're In Kansas

They got to Topeka with time to spare. Lila knew all the managers would be happy with that. Great part about the outdoor shows was being able to sleep late. She and Brantley had stayed up late talking, making love, and catching up on Sons of Anarchy.

She would never understand everyone's favorite being Jax. Maybe it was bias since he was so much like her husband, but her favorite had always been Happy.

They woke up around noon since she had to eat and check her sugar. She had played dead till Brantley laughed and scooped her up. She immediately snuggled into his warmth, man was like a furnace. Turning the news on low in the background they had a perfect quiet lunch.

After 5 years, she and Brantley could have full conversations without saying more than a few words. Hunter having to go out finally convinced them to get dressed.

"Come on, BG, I wanna check out this place before we have to get ready!" She called to the man taking his sweet time in the back

"Come on, BG, I wanna check out this place before we have to get ready!" She called to the man taking his sweet time in the back. She smirked when she heard his growl, the man truly had it bad for daisy duke shorts.

Walking up to her he slid his hands in the tiny pockets on her ass groaning. "How about PJ takes Hunter out and I see how many times you can cum before I have to get ready?" He asked roughly in her ear. She didn't have to see his face to know he had a smug ass look on his face when she shivered.

She would be struck down if she said she didn't think about the offer for a moment. But, after almost two days on the bus she wanted to walk around a bit, not to mention she was sure her body could use the rest. Not that she minded, but Brantley tended to enjoy keeping her in bed on road stretches.

"Baby, as amazing as that sounds, I really do need at least 12 hours to recover." She smiled when he pouted teasingly, pulling him down and enjoying the taste of peppermint toothpaste and Brantley. After a few minutes he pulled back, "If you really wanna get off this bus we better do it right now. Only got so much restraint woman." He said laughing. She blushed putting her head in his chest.

She hadn't meant her simple kiss to turn into that, but damn if it didn't put a smile on her face. "Alright" She said turning and taking Hunter's leash, "lets go see what's going on around here."

After walking around the parade of busses and saying hellos to the ones they knew, they walked back to their area of busses. This was one of the larger festivals they were playing, the roster having almost 30 performers over 3 days and their crew headlining the final night.

She saw Caroline sitting outside her bus watching all the action under an umbrella with a glass of tea. The epitome of a country woman. She knew those shades would be covering how Caroline was enjoying the cowboys walking by. Lila herself preferred deer ranching bikers, but could appreciate a tight pair of wranglers.

Walking up to her partner in crime she smiled. "How's it looking, Care?" She asked with a wink since Brantley was behind her. "Oh, it's lookin' real good, LJ." She smiled taking another sip of tea. Lila looked back at Brantley and saw his suspicious look but didn't worry.

"Honey, would you mind getting my chair out for me?" She asked sweetly wrapping her arms around his neck. Brantley shook his head ruefully, knowing damn well he was whipped. "Don't suppose I would. Stay here, I'll be right back. You're not here when I get back you won't sit for a week." The last part he said in her ear before kissing her head and walking toward their bus.

She did make him laugh though when she wolf whistled as she watched his ass while he walked away. "Hate to see him go, love to watch him leave." She muttered grinning. "That's just gross." A voice said beside her scaring the shit outta her.

Whipping her head to look, who else, she thought holding her hand to her chest to calm her heart. "Thomas! What have I said about sneaking up on me while I'm objectifying my husband?!" She joked. She laughed harder at the disgusted look he gave her. "What's the matter, Luke? Your pants too tight?" She asked with a wink.

"Lila Jane, behave." BG said as he walked back up holding the bag with her chair. Luke laughed and stuck his tongue out. "He started it, BG!" She said, knowing she sounded like a child, but couldn't help it. She and Luke were too much like siblings to not get in trouble for picking on each other.

Brantley just sighed and put her chair up next to Caroline. "Hey, BG, wanna call the guys and play some Madden?" Luke asked excited. Lila laughed, "How old are you again, Luke?" He subtly flipped her off since BG was on his phone messaging their usual crew. "Sorry, Luke, I'm a one man kinda woman."

Brantley whipped his head up looking between the two. "The fuck..." he whispered looking confused. "Luke, go ahead. I need to talk to my wife for a second." He said motioning Luke to go ahead of him. Luke looked happy thinking she was in trouble, asshole.

Brantley crouched down next to her chair patting Hunter, who was at his post beside her, on the head before speaking. "Now, I'm about to trust you and let you stay out here together. Anyone bothers you I want you to yell for me, ya hear? Be good for the next two hours and I'll treat your group to a girls day at the next stop."

He looked up and noticed a few of the guys making their way towards them. "Sit here, have fun, drink your water. It's as simple as that." He seemed to be convincing himself more than her. "I got this, big daddy. We're just gonna sit here and gossip." She said with a laugh.

Brantley stood and rubbed his beard for a second seeming to think it over. Giving in he sighed and kissed her head before walking on the Bryant's bus. A few moments after he shut the door Lila looked over at Caroline. "Wanna call the others and play 'Rate the Wranglers' ?" She asked with a smirk.

Caroline laughed and pulled out her phone. "I'll have Katie bring the dry erase boards."