Fifteen

The four of them were seated in a private booth at the steakhouse. Harry was a little weary because it was his first time going out without something that was completely masking his pregnant belly. Nobody stared at him, which was odd, but he figured it was because the lighting in the establishment was more candlelit. He knew that he shouldn't, but he felt self-conscious about it. He'd get used to it. He was going to be a dad - or mum? Either way, he was going to be a parent and he shouldn't be ashamed to show off his unborn baby girl.

"Everything okay, H?" Louis whispered, grabbing his hand beneath the table.

"Yeah, just a little nervous," Harry responded. Louis gave him an odd look. "I'm not hiding Indie."

"You look just as gorgeous as you always do, love. If not more," Louis smiled, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

Harry looked at the menu, the dull chatter between Gemma and his mum the only sounds at the table. Harry was wondering why they had such a large booth. There was enough room to add Liam and Niall if they wanted, but Harry wasn't going to mention it. The hostess was the one that seated them, so it wasn't in any of their control.

Just as Harry decided on getting a sirloin, the waiter came over to take their drink orders. "Welcome. Can I get you all something to drink? Perhaps a glass of our finest Merlot?"

"I'll just have ice water for right now, thank you," Harry told him immediately. Just at the mere mention of wine, his mouth started watering. It had been so long since he'd had a glass, he was starting to miss it.

Louis ordered water so Harry wasn't alone while Gemma and Anne ordered the wine. He could admire it from afar. He did think that it was a little weird that he was craving wine though, being it was something that he couldn't have. Pregnancy was weird.

Anne started asking questions about Indie and his pregnancy, which Harry was more than delighted to answer and talk about. He had never talked about his pregnancy with anyone other than Louis, so it was nice to brag about it to someone else, especially his mum. Though it became awkward when Johannah and Dan Deakin showed up at their table.

Immediately, Harry felt embarrassed. He knew that neither of them knew that Harry and Louis were expecting a child and there wasn't very much he could do to hide it. Louis, who was sitting on the outer edge of the large booth, slid out and gave his mum a hug and kiss.

"It's so lovely to see you two again!" Anne cheered. "It's been way too long."

"Yes, it has! I've missed your darling face!" Jay responded. "I'm glad that Louis invited us. We were in the city to visit Lottie, so I'm glad that we got the call. Hello, H! How are you, sweetie?"

"I'm doing well, Jay. It's good to see you both as well," Harry replied, biting his tongue so hard that he was sure that he would be drawing blood. "Dan, you look very smashing in that pewter blue suit jacket."

"Jay has been trying to get me to branch out, so you can thank her," Dan chuckled. "It's good to see you, son. I hope Louis has been treating you well."

"He has for the most part. Sometimes, I want to strangle him, but never follow through," Harry responded, saying it like it was a joke, but it wasn't. He was not happy with Louis, knowing that he had invited his mum and stepdad to the dinner without at least a warning.

Jay and Dan scootched into the booth next to Anne, leaving Louis and Harry across the table, which gave them some privacy to have a quick chat. Harry brought his menu up, pretending to look at it so nobody would be able to hear them.

"Louis, what the hell?" Harry asked, trying to not sound mad when he was, in fact, getting more and more pissed as the seconds ticked by.

"I know you're angry, but I figured that tonight was the best night to tell them. Your mum and sister are here, so they'll at least be able to comfort my mum," Louis dropped.