Part 31: Mr Han

Jimin froze as his eyes directly met the other mans warm and inviting ones.

Years of memories flashed before his eyes with his earliest memories being of the man resurfacing as well as the memories leading up to him leaving.

And with memories the feelings.

A person who played a large part in his life when he was young coming back years later just as Jimin was reaching the age of leaving.

The man who left him and his friends in the first place.

The man who let the colder guardians comes and treat them cruelly.

The man who promised he'd return.

The man who didn't break his promise.

Guilt, sadness, reluctance, pain, mistrust and loneliness all surfacing.

The man saw all this and more, he saw the boy who he'd last spoke to as a boy grown into a man.

And a handsome one at that.

He smiled sadly as he took a few steps towards the broken boy on the ground and said "Hi Jiminie..." reaching up to wipe a tear Jimin didn't know had fallen.

Jimin was still frozen wanting to scream and shout but also curl up and cry feeling conflicted but the moment the others warm hand wiped the tear from his face all he wanted was a hug.

So he hugged him, falling apart in the others arms as the other just held him and kept apologising and promising he'd explain, promising how everything was going to be okay.

Making promises Jimin didn't trust he could keep.

Jimin eventually looked up with his broken eyes meeting the others guilty and that's when Jimin did what he'd been secretly wanting to do for years.

He punched him.

Jimin knew and understood that he couldn't blame the man for leaving but that didn't stop him from feeling so much anger.

He needed a blame for his life taking a slightly worse turn although he refuses to admit it allowed, and he blamed him.

Fair or not.

He raised a full home of children for years but one day suddenly said he had to go.

He left them with a series of guardians who only grew colder as the years went by.

Yes he might have been able to go to a private school to learn but that was only because he was smart and the home he lived in wanted him gone more hours of the day, they didn't want responsibility.

They didn't care that he was getting bullied verbally and physically and he had to put up with that alone not getting the help or support he had promised him.

He promised he'd never leave his favorite kids, they'd have to leave him, but he did leave.

He left them all and unluckily for Jimin he didn't have a home after that.

He stayed there waiting until the day he was in a stable enough position to leave.

And unlike the other when Jimin promised the other kids he'd stay, he did.

Jimin could've been moved to a better home, he could've even been adopted at one point by a couple but he stayed for those kids.

He was there anchor and he didn't actually understand how the man now in front of him had left.

It broke his heart thinking about leaving those kids on their own.

But the man in front of him did.

And as far as Jimin cared, he deserved to be punched.

Jimin stood up and stepped back from the other as everyone froze saying the one thing he'd told himself he'd say if he ever saw him again.

"Fuck you."