Chapter one (✔️)

Laksh had reached India, he took the next flight and reached Delhi, he didn't know that his father had shifted there. He had no contact with him over the last 8 years.

Laksh got to know from the PA of his father that he is suffering from lung cancer, "Damn it Papa. Why didn't you called me earlier?" Laksh was standing there at the door of the patient room talking to himself.

Ragini stood up, "uncle I'm going, you remember what we talked about?"

DP nodded, "I know." He said with much power and exhaustion.

Ragini looked at Laksh, she smiles and left the patient room. She heard him and watend to give them the needed privacy.

Laksh didn't cared about her, he moved to his father and looked at him in concern, "why?" He asked him just one word that too with pain and hate at the same time.

DP's smile faded, "Laksh I'm sorry." He has difficulties to speak, but he tried to keep it short and simple. "I'm happy you come." The voice was low and Laksh bend down near his mouth with his ear, "Papa shh. Don't speak much." DP nodded to him, "I have a wish." He pushes Laksh away and starts to cough, he was coughing and blood was coming out of his mouth. Laksh looked for the caller button, he pressed the button and a nurse comes in with Ragini.

"Uncle! I told you not to overstrain yourself, please don't speak much." Ragini scold and explained him.

"Sir you have to leave the room." She said to Laksh not giving him a look.

Laksh didn't know what to say or how to react, he took his bag and waited outside the patient room. They cleaned DP and the bed sheet as well, "you won't talk much." She warns him leaving the room with stamping feet.

Laksh was waiting for the nurse, "Ma'am can I go in?" He asked the nurse, who comes out. She nods and Laksh enters the room.

"Papa?" He rushed to his father and hugged him tightly, "don't speak okay. Just write it down. I don't want to see you in pain, the last few days which are left to live. Should be peaceful." He said to DP, who just nodded to his son.

Laksh took out his mobile phone, "papa here, you can write it down."

DP took the phone and stars to type.
•I'm sorry my Son. I didn't informed you sooner now we have lesser time than I would have ever imagine. I got the repost of blood concer 1 year back. They told me I need a new lung and put me on the transplantation list. But unfortunately there was no suitable transplant for me. I'm in my last stage and have one wish. Just a wish there is no need to fulfil it•

Laksh read it and looked at his father, "what is your wish Papa?" He gave the mobile back to DP, who has started to type again.

•I have a wish to see you married before leaving this world. I don't know if you have a woman waiting for you. Call her and let me see my son in the hands of his love.•

Laksh shook his head, "there is no one." The way he said it cold filled with bitterness and anger made his father confuse.

•You fine?•

Laksh smiles, "Haan Papa I'm fine. You tell me what I should do now?" He didn't liked the idea of getting married, he has no trust on women, they use men like lipstick.

•Call the Doctor!•

Laksh scared, "Papa is everything alright? Wait I'm calling them." He rushed to the button and pressed it again.

Ragini comes in with the nurse, "what happened?" She hold the hand of DP, who was smiling.

•He has no love waiting for him•

Ragini read the message and shook her head in disbelief, "you scared the hell out of me." She sighs of relief and checked his parameters.

"Laksh..." DP said again with difficulty.

Laksh shook his head, "Papa don't talk."

•Sorry!• he wrote it and Laksh read it.

•Meet Ragini Kapoor, she is a doctor and I want you to marry her. It's a wish not a force•

Laksh saw her, she didn't met his gaze, "Uncle let him rest first. He hasn't eaten anything or had a proper sleep. We will talk about it later, even you need rest." Ragini put the duvet on DP body and stood up.

Laksh went to his father, "Papa I'm not ready."

DP nodded. •I know you are not, but I want to see you safe in the hands of a responsible woman, who can look after you and herself. Trust me she is the right choice for you.•

Laksh laughs sarcastically, "trust? Such a small word with a big meaning." He murmurs it to himself, but DP could hear out the frustration of his son.

I hate women, they don't love they only use. Like my mother used my father, she left him after accusing him having an affair. But it was her, who had an affair with her best friend. Finally I could forget it and moved on in my life and found love, her parents rejected me. Saying I'm using my father's money and have nothing to give. I started to work and to earn the money, but her parents found a groom for her and made her marry him. What was left again a broken heart of mine. I felt lonely and unwanted, I moved on in my life again, this time I didn't let someone come near me, not so easily, but then Rita come into my life. It felt like she is the one getting me out of my nightmares and insecurity, but even there I was betrayed and used for her own benefits. Love and trust doesn't suit a woman, they are meant to betray and hurt us. They like to play with our hearts and emotions just for fun.

DP saw his son, how much hate and anger was filled in his eyes. I know you had your problems with women, but not every woman is the same. You have to give her a chance and move on in your life. You have to live.