Chapter nine (✔️)

Ragini stamps out of the room, he was sitting there holding his hand in a fist near his face. It was as if he was trying not to break something into pieces. I can't tell her. she is a stranger. No Laksh she isn't. She is your wife, she can be a healer. He wasn't sure his inner turmoil wasn't it making it easier for him to think.

Ragini felt bad. Even you have to carry your burden, maybe we can share the weight. Ragini comes closer, she bend down and rested her hands on his lap, over her hands her head was resting, "Laksh you liked to lie on my lap, it was the first time you had shown me emotions. Please tell me what is bothering you, I would like to help you." She looked up from his lap and saw the weakness in his eyes, he was trying not to cry.

Ragini was sitting on her knees, she cups his face and wipes the tears away, her thumbs were working like wipers, "I'm here and I won't judge you. For nothing! I don't, never, no one has the right to judge on you."

Laksh lowers his gaze, "my mother. If she can be called as one." Laksh didn't looked at her, he leans on the couch with his back, his gaze shifted to the ceiling, Ragini sat next to him holding his hand.

"Laksh if we share the pain, then it will give us the possibility to heal our wounds." Those smoothing words were like an ointment for him.

"I haven't told this to anyone, not even to my father. I don't wanted him to feel guilty leaving me alone with a woman like her." Laksh gulps his throat was dry, Ragini looked for water, she gave him the glass which was on the table.

Laksh drunk from it. He was holding the glass, "my mother and I used to stay at home alone. Papa was working nonstop to give us a peaceful life, he was gone for a business trip, he wasn't in the country and my mom felt lonely. She always felt alone and one day she bought a man home. I had no idea who he was and what he wanted. I was looking at my mom she was smiling, I thought if she is happy I'm happy too."

Laksh took a deep breath, he closed his eyes, "the man saw me."

"Sheetal, who is this boy?"

"The man was drunken, he came closer to me and hold my hand. It was paining as his grip was tight. I shrugged and looked at my mother with pleading eyes." Laksh was crying.

"Gaurav this is my son. He is the reason of my misery. You know I got pregnant and my husband started to love my son more than me. Just look at me, ain't I attractive to you?"

"I was so shocked about the words my mother used. She was blaming me for something I haven't done, neither I would do anything like this." Ragini hold his cheek.

"Sheetal, I will show him what he took away from you. I came for you; but I got him too."

"Ragini I didn't knew that time what he meant, but he come often, when papa was gone. My mother gave me to a man just to take revenge from me, because she had an imagination that I'm the reason for her loveless life. Was my love toward her wrong? Why she gave me to a man?!" Laksh was shaking all over the body, Ragini was holding him tightly. She was shocked to know that her husband got raped in his past.

"Laksh for how long you were in this place?"

Laksh was crying on her shoulder, "two months of almost daily penetration. Then he left my mom, she again abused me and considered me for his leaving. You know I was the reason."

"Don't touch me. I will kill you."

"Oh little boy your mother is mad, you can't do anything and even if you do something she won't leave you."

"For a moment I was scared because I had to live with the hate of my mother, but I didn't mind it. I took my stick and hit him more than once. I'm so sorry Ragini, I AM VERY SORRY! I wasn't in my sense. I'm sorry!" Laksh broke down Ragini looked at him, she caresses his head, "Laksh you stopped." Was all she said.

After awhile Laksh was sleeping on her lap, Ragini was thinking of her misery. If I will tell him, what was in my past I have no idea if he will trust me or not. He just spoke his heart out to me, I have to give him the time to heal. He hasn't accepted me completely, yet he is here sharing his sorrow with me. We had to deal with it first then we can try to solve my problem.

Ragini bend down to his head, she kisses his forehead and let him sleep on her lap in peace. She didn't moved from there and slept in sitting position.

The next morning Ragini woke up in her bed.

"Laksh?" Ragini calls him, but he didn't react, she went into the washroom, a quick shower and she wore her clothes. The breakfast was ready, but Laksh was gone.

Ragini was eating, when the phone rung. She took a deep breath, "Hello?"
______