Chapter six (✔️)

"Hello?" Ragini spoke again, but she could only hear a breathing sound.

"Who are you? Stop calling me!" She cut the call and was shivering in fear.

Laksh was looking out of his cabin glass door. Papa you have always trusted people easily I have no idea how you could do this. You have no imagination how much I'm missing you.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in!" Laksh said and a woman entered the cabin.

"Good afternoon Sir, I'm Mishra Khanna your PA."

Laksh gave her a short look, "I didn't hired you

Laksh gave her a short look, "I didn't hired you."

She made a fist in anger, her face expression didn't changed, "Sir, I'm the former PA of your late father. I don't think that my job is over just because of the death of DP ji."

Laksh made a fist, "I know your contract didn't end by his death, but you are not my PA. If I need you I will let you know, now get out from here!" He shouts and literally throws her out of the room.

Mishra was shocked. This has never happened before, no man has ever insulted me this way. I will make him pay for this.

Laksh was checking the accounts and project files, he was trying to sort out everything, but it wasn't easy.

Ragini was leaving the hospital, she looked for the car, but the car was gone. Where is the car? She was confused and looked around, she was searching the parking area for the car. Ragini didn't liked it, she was scared and took out her mobile phone, "a miscall?" She looked at the unknown number.

Ragini took a deep breath and called the number.

A breathing was audible, "Laksh here." A male voice said.

Ragini sighs of relieve, she wipes the sweat from her temple, "you called?" She asked coldly.

"Yes, I wanted to inform you that the driver won't stay the whole day, you should call him an hour before you leave the hospital."

Ragini pouts, "fine." She cut the call, she wasn't interested to talk to him or to hear his voice longer than necessary.

Laksh didn't mind the sudden end of the call. He had reached home like in the morning he didn't moved and was sitting like a statue on the couch, his gaze was fixed on the ceiling.

Ragini had called for a cab, she doesn't wanted to wait any longer for the car, but for the next day she would know what to do.

It's been a week their routine of the day was like this, a cold wall of silence was between them.

Ragini had a change in her shift, she was grouped into the nightshift. She had a very peaceful sleep and great start in the noon as she didn't had to face Laksh.

"Good Morning.... ops good noon Kaka, how are you?" Ragini comes into the kitchen watching the old man's back.

The man turned, he was having a small smile on his face, "you wake up, do you want to eat or drink something?"

Ragini looked at him, "Kaka what happen? Why are you upset? Is something bothering you?" She was very concerned and he could feel it.

"Ragini Beta, Laksh Baba..." he lowers his head.

Ragini shrugs hearing his name, "what he did?" She was angry, which was hearable through her voice.

"He didn't ate for so many days. I'm scared for his health, he has changed so much." The man turned and starts to clean the surface of the kitchen plate.

Ragini felt bad, "Kaka let's cook and then I will meet him before I will go to attend my shift." She consoles him and both cooked for Laksh.

Laksh was looking lifelessly into the monitor. What I did? His thoughts got disturbed by the sound of his cabin door, it opens and Ragini enters the office room, behind her was Mishra.

"You can't go inside the cabin, Laksh Sir has strictly refused it. His orders are clear." Mishra tried to stop her, but Ragini just ignored her and closed the door in front of the face of Mishra.

Laksh was amused, but he didn't showed it. Ragini looked at him, the food box was in her hands, "I came to give you this. Kaka is very concerned about your health, you should eat it."

Laksh got confused, "He is concerned, then they did you come?" He looked at her waiting for a cheap answer.

"Because I'm a Doctor and you are a patient. Well I'm also a daughter-in-law for Uncle and for his sake I'm with you, there is no other reason why I would stay with you." She turns and stamps out of the cabin.

Laksh saw the tiffin, the saliva was filling his mouth, he gulped it down the smell of the food was irresistible for him.

Laksh ate the food as if he never had food before, he took some relieving breaths and finished the food in short time.

Ragini was in the hospital. I should have scold him, it was the perfect moment, but no I stopped myself cause I'm great. I hate it to be nice I want to be bad and rude like others are too. Like he is. She was holding the steering in her hands tightly. *Arrrg* She shouts in the car just to let it out.

Laksh working day ended and Ragini working day now night started.

Ragini was doing her routine shift work, she visited her patients and checked on the cases which she had and would get sooner or later.

It was morning

Ragini returns home. She had got her own car, she doesn't wanted to be dependent on the driver, who has his own life too.

Laksh was sitting there, again on the couch.
____