Chapter four (✔️)

Laksh was broken, he didn't left the hospital without the body. He was sitting on the ground of the hospital hallway. He was leaning with the back head and back to the wall waiting for the death body and certificate of death, of his father.

Ragini made the formalities, she comes back to him, "Laksh?"

Laksh looked at her, he stood up and saw a ward boy coming with the corpse of his father. Laksh took a deep breath, he gulps down his pain.

Laksh wipes his tears away and took the certificate and the body, "I will do the last rites for his soul. You stay here." He was lifeless and left from there.

Ragini felt bad, but she didn't mind it, she had no right on DP, but his pain become a part of her life.

"Laksh I'm your wife and the daughter-in-law of him. I should be with you." She said, but Laksh left, without giving any heed to her or her words.

Ragini was doing her work, she could change the clothes as she always had another pair of clothes in her cabin. She was leaving the hospital, when a car was waiting for her.

"Ma'am I'm the driver of Maheshwari, that is your car. Please come!" He opens the door, but Ragini refused, "no, I will come by my own."

The driver nodded, "but Laksh Baba said to pick you up, please ma'am!" Ragini looked at the helpless man, she nodded and sat in the car at the backseat.

The driver didn't talked, they were silently driving to MM, Laksh was there he had completed all the rituals and the prayers were done too. He was sitting on couch having a bottle of whisky in front of him. He was continuously drinking from the glass not looking or talking to anyone.

Ragini walked into the house, "Laksh?" She calls him, but he didn't react. Laksh was drinking further and Ragini shook her head, "fine drink and ruin your liver." She looked around and found the kitchen, she made a cup of coffee for herself, the servant comes to greet her.

"Ma'am good evening!" He met his hands and greets her with a small bow.

Ragini shook her head, "Kaka you are elder than me, please don't call me Ma'am. My name is Ragini, but I would love it, if you would call me beti/beta." She went to him and took the blessings of the old man.

"Ragini beta come I will show you your room." He went ahead and Ragini follows him silently, she looked back once, but Laksh didn't moved. She felt the coldness, a shudder rundown her spine. Uff What is this I don't like it here.

The old man had arranged the room for her, "Beta that is the room of Laksh Baba, he doesn't sleep here, but being his wife it is your right to stay in this room. If you want we will arrange another one."

Ragini shook her head, "no Kaka, there is no need. You please tell me, why doesn't he sleep her?" She was very interested to know more about him, but the man shook his head, "no Beta, he should tell you. I'm not allowed to speak about it, actually I don't know it."

Ragini understood, she smiles slightly and he left the room. Ragini closed her eyes. I have nothing here, why did I agreed to this wedding? Uncle you have placed me into a big dilemma.

Ragini took a deep breath, she looked around just to find a wardrobe, she opens it and found some clothes, which she could wear. Either uncle had planned everything or Laksh isn't that bad.

Laksh was drinking more and more. This girl isn't good she will leave me like the others did, no I won't let that happen. I will keep her and fulfil my father's wish. Laksh stood up in his drunken state.

He wasn't able to walk properly, he had problems, but managed to hold himself.

Laksh reached the room, he hates the room to the core. There are only bad memories filled in it. He opens the door, Ragini frighten seeing him there, the way he was looking at her made her feel again a cold shudder.

"Laksh?" She was looking at him waiting for his response, he turns and closed the door. He locked it.

Ragini wasn't sure, what he is going to do neither was she sure, what she should expect from him.

Laksh made his way to her, "you are my wife." He said in a dangerous tone, "you have to fulfil some duties." He comes closer and his breath was smelling like a liquid store, she felt bad and turns away, "chi, you better stay away from me." Ragini was about to move from there, but Laksh hold her hand.

Ragini felt a tight pressure on her wrist, the grip got tighten the moment she tried to remove it. "Laksh leave me." Ragini said in anger, but Laksh pulls her close.

Ragini collided with his chest, "Laksh leave me!" This time she shouts at him, Laksh other hand was on her back on blouse, he hold her shoulders and pulls her close, then he starts to bite on her neck to give her love marks.

Ragini struggles, "Laksh leave me!" She shouts, but he didn't listened to her, he hold her tighter and kisses her back, she tries again to get rid off him, unfortunately Laksh is stronger than her, he pushes her on the bed.

Ragini shook her head in shock, "Laksh no!" Laksh hands were on her arms, he was holding her tightly, she couldn't move, Ragini cries, "No!"

Laksh hands moves to her shoulder, he rips off one sleeve holder of her blouse, "No!" Ragini shouts again, this time she was kicking with her legs and a vase fall down. The sound brought him back, he was looking at her.

"Laksh Baba, Ragini Beta what happened?" The old man asked from the door, he heard the sound of the broken case and rushed up.

Laksh stood up, "nothing Kaka." He lied in his drunken state, "newly wedded. She has problems to adjust with the new situation."

The man left from there not questioning further.

Laksh moves to the washroom, he was under the shower, while Ragini cried bitterly into her sleep.

Laksh left the room and slept in his guest room.
____