Chapter five (✔️)

Laksh woke up with a heavy headache, he was looking around and found himself in his bedroom. He felt bad, but didn't showed it. What I thought, what I did shit that is not how he raised me. I don't want her to think wrong about papas upbringing, but I failed.

Ragini woke up, the dried layers of tears were visible for her, only her, she hasn't showed it to anyone. She went to the washroom, Ragini cleansed her face and changed her clothes.

Laksh got a call, he changed and went down.

Ragini came down, she didn't talked to Laksh, neither did Laksh tried to find a solution for his doing.

Ragini was hiding the marks, which he had left on her body, she was ashamed that he could do it and she couldn't stop him the way she should. I'm not weak, why is he behaving like this, why he tried to take advantage from me? Doesn't he has some self control?

Laksh was sitting on the couch of the hall, he was waiting for the family lawyer as he called him.

Ragini was wearing a simple saree, with her shawl she hides everything.

The servant went to her, "Ragini Beta come have some food." He asked her to sit on the chair, but she refused, "Kaka I have to leave for the hospital. I will have my food on my way or there." She adjusted herself and was about to leave.

"You are not going anywhere not now, the lawyer is coming and told me we both have to be present." Laksh said in trance not giving her a look.

Ragini didn't liked it, but she comforts herself and went into the kitchen. Ragini was preparing tea, she filled her cup and comes out of the kitchen, to sit opposite to Laksh.

The servant looked at them, "Laksh Baba now Bahu is here have some food."

Ragini was to take a sip of her tea, but she stopped hearing the servant.

"Kaka I'm not hungry, you have food the lawyer must be coming anytime." Laksh closed his eyes and leaned back with his head on the couch back.

Was he waiting for me? No, he is selfish he wouldn't I think it's just a trick to show himself better than he is.

The door bell rings, Ragini stood up, but the servant rushed to the door, the lawyer was standing there.

"Good Morning." The lawyer said and the old man let him in, "Laksh Baba the lawyer is here."

Laksh looked at him, he stood up and gave him his hand to shake, "please sit!" He offers the lawyer a seat, but he refused.

"Laksh I'm here because your father made a last will. It's in digital format and I'm here to show you." The lawyer had asked the servant to play the DVD.

The DVD started and Laksh was looking at his father's painful face.

"My Laksh I'm so happy you have listened to me. You know, you need someone in your life showing and proving you that nothing is same, there are differences. You have to understanding..."

He coughing in between of his will.

"... I will not waste much of my energy. I have just a few conditions. I want you both to stay together. The company is under Laksh name, but the power of attorney is on both of you. Ragini has equal rights and shares. I know Ragini is a passionated Doctor never forget that you are free to work as you want. The house is under the name of you both..."

Again a pause, which continued his coughing attack.

"... I knew my son would never deny my wish. Thank you Ragini for accepting the wedding proposal, you are the only one, who can show him what he is missing all his life. Trust..."

The DVD ended and Laksh looked at the lawyer, "what would have happened if I had denied the wedding?"

The lawyer shows another DVD, "then I would have played this one. It's more taunting in the beginning and then all would have gone to a trust fond."

Laksh smiles, "yes, that is dad..." he lowers his head, "was dad."

The lawyer gave him the papers and left from there, as well as Ragini left from there.

Laksh was thinking. I can't go to the company I have no luck in business or love. Whatever I do I fail, I'm a failure.

Laksh was in his room, he took out a suit from the wardrobe, "Kaka!" He called the servant.

"Yes Laksh Baba?" The man said and Laksh turns to him, "please press the clothes I'm taking a shower and then heeding for office."

The old man nodded with a bright smile, "yes." He took the suit and did the ironing. Laksh comes out after 10 minutes, he trimmed his beard, but didn't shaved it completely.

Kaka had left the room, Laksh wore the suit and left for the office.

Ragini was back in the hospital, she felt happy and relieved. Now I can be myself again, I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable with him. His trust issues aren't going to change in better as long as I won't make him believe that there is a difference, but for that I need to know more about his past. He won't tell me, but I will get to know.

Laksh was in the office, he met the staff members. He wasn't ready neither was he sure to held a speech for his father, he was lost in his ow world when the managing director of the company appears.

"Laksh Maheshwari, we are happy to see you here." He gave him his hand to shake, Laksh didn't liked the man.

"Good Morning, who you are?" Laksh asked him.

"Sorry Sir, I'm Kunal Mehta the managing Director. I know it is a tough time, but if your need anything you can surely ask me." He said with a smile on his face.

Laksh nods, he didn't like the intrusive way of him, "I will get back to you." Laksh left to his cabin, he wasn't able to do anything.

Ragini completed her work, she felt so good being back in her normal life, her usual work. Ragini was in her cabin, when the phone rung.

"Hello?" Ragini said.
______