Chapter ten (✔️)

"Hi Ragini, I left earlier this morning, thought not to wake you. You slept on the couch in sitting position I touched you and carried you back to your room. Sorry."

Ragini was smiling lightly, "Laksh there is no need to say sorry for that. Thank you and thank you for the food, it's delicious."

Laksh smiles, "great. Okay now I'm going to do my work. I'm not sure, how long it will take. Your shift will start in the noon, right?"

Ragini thought, "I guess so." She took out her mobile phone and checked the schedule, "yes, it will start at noon."

*knock knock*

Ragini laughs, "is someone knocking on your cabin door?"

Laksh pouts, "yes. The PA of Papa, I don't know I don't like her." He moans loud in frustration.

"Okay have fun." She cut the phone and Laksh pouts.

Ragini finished the food and cleanse the dishes. She packed her purse and left to her work, she was looking at her car, there was a letter.

Ragini you are mine! - P. G.

Ragini ripped the paper into pieces. No, I'm not yours. Ragini sat in her car and drove to the hospital. She was doing her routine, finally her break started, when she was sitting in her cabin.

*knock knock*

Ragini was confused, she checked the appointment book, but there was no entry, "come in?" She said looking at the door.

The door opens, "Hi!" Laksh sneaks in and she smiles seeing him.

"Laksh?" She stood up, "what are you doing here?"

Laksh looked at the time, "having dinner alone doesn't make happy." He entered her cabin and shows the take away shoppers in his hands.

"What is this?" She was looking at the food, "I thought you would make me something homemade. I mean hand made by you."

Laksh frowns, "oh you want me to cook for you like you did for me once. Yaar for that I have to go home and cook. I thought to make it easier for us. I just bought it and that too from good quality. See!" He took out his mobile phone and shows the review of the restaurant.

Ragini nodded, "okay. Done!" They started to eat the food. Ragini's pager starts to vibrate.

Laksh looked at her, "work?" Ragini nodded, "yes. You go home and take some rest. You can sleep on the bed." Ragini left with a smile.

Laksh reached home, he was looking around the room. Why it is always so dark here? I guess she is hiding something from me. Something big. She isn't trusting me, whereas I have started to trust her. Laksh was looking out of the window, but there was nothing. It's her right to take time, I had to trust her too, it took me a lot of courage to tell her the truth. Maybe she will come up with her burden to me, when I make her feel comfortable.

Laksh falls on the bed, he was sleeping tightly, when Ragini come home. She saw him. Gosh can't he take off his shoes, yuck. Ragini sat on the bed end, she took his feet on her lap and takes off the shoes including the socks. Ragini put the duvet on him and washed her hands, she looked at the mirror and felt nothing.

Ragini wipes the steam away from the mirror again nothing. She smiles. Today I feel secure after so long. Ragini wore her night suit and sleep on the bed next to him.

Laksh woke up holding her hand, she was smiling while cuddling with him. Laksh smiles looking at her beautiful face. Papa your choice isn't that bad, just take a look at your sleeping daughter-in-law. I guess she is the angel sent for me from heaven.

Laksh went to the office, he was attending some meetings and was very busy the whole day.

Mishra was around him all the time. She was trying to get close to him.

"Miss Khanna I don't need you around me 24/7 please go." He said to her. Mishra was fuming, "Sir you need some support in the meetings I can suggest or advice you."

Laksh looked at her disinterested, "If I would need your help, even then I wouldn't ask you. I don't trust you. Get out!" He shouts and throws her out of the room.

Ragini woke up, she looked around the curtains were open, the sunlight was shining into the room. Hmm I don't like this, but how will I make him understand it.

Ragini was getting ready, when the phone rung, "Hi Laksh!"

"No Ragini, it's not Laksh. It's me! You missed me?"

Ragini frighten, she shivers and immediately cut the call, she was breathing heavily.

Again the phone rings, Ragini closed her eyes, she picked up the receiver, "why are you calling me all the time? I'm married now, you can't do anything to me."

*hahaha* he was laughing evilly, "so you think a marriage would become a hurdle for me to make you mine! No Ragini, I will get you anyhow!"

"No, you will never get me. Laksh won't let that happen." Ragini was determined.

"Laksh? Your useless husband?" *Haha* "he won't be able to save you from me."

Ragini fumes, "he isn't useless. He won't let you hurt me, neither will I let you hurt him. He has gone through a lot, I won't let you make him suffer."

"You are showing a lot of concern for someone, who has tried to molest you."

She gasped and he smirks, "surprised that I know it. I know everything about you. There isn't a thing which is unknown to me." He was happy making her feel the fear.

Ragini found her voice, "He hasn't done it initially, but yes I care for him. He is my husband, we do mistakes and he has asked for forgiveness more than once. You haven't asked for it ever. You have ruined my life he will safe it." Ragini ended the call. She was crying and trying to breath controllable.

Laksh comes home, he saw her devastated state, "Ragini, is everything alright?"

Ragini looked at him, "Laksh." She stammers, wiping the sweat from her forehead, "you are early!"

Laksh shook his head, "I'm not, but early enough to take you out for the business event."

Ragini confuses, "business event?" She asked him just to be sure.

"Yes, please!" Laksh said.
_____