Chapter 5: Saved

I'm dead right?

No....I'm thinking, I'm breathing.

Everything is cold, your body is frozen to death. It hurts to open your eyes. Space......it's so pretty! You try floating somewhere else, away from the spaceship you escaped from. Whatever they experimented you with made you like this......living, breathing in one of the most dangerous places to be as a......what ever you were....at this point is what pretty clear you weren't human.

You blindly pushed yourself around the cold environment, observing your surroundings. You look at your arm and see that the numbers were still there.....it will always be there. It felt like hours until something lightly grabs you by your waist. Your new instincts kicked in and caused you to immediately kick them in the stomach. There mouth moves but you can't tell what they're saying since 1. Your eyes are barely even open and 2. Your ears are numb and plugged up. They look at you with concern and start to carry you and bring you to a blurry object.

"what are you doing..." Your voice is barely audible to them. You feel a breeze blow by you and you're suddenly in another spaceship. Your ears start to ring, meaning your ears are no longer numb and are trying to process sound again. You see two figures in front of you, arguing about something. "What is she doing in space???" A middle aged woman yells. "I don't know! I just saw her, floating in space, frozen stiff.....so here we are!" The man who carried you explains.
"Hi...." You quietly say to let them know your still there. They turn to you and speak,"Oh my gosh! Your skin is blue! I'll be right back! Adam, help her to the meeting room." She orders. "Yes mam!" He walks over and picks you up.

"I'm Adam. What's your name?" "(y/n)..." "How did you end up out there?" "W-well...I-I e-escaped fro-om an alien spaceship an-" Mark....and Jack....I have to go back! You started to squirm in his grasp to help them escape too. "Woah, woah! Slow down there, bud....I'm trying to help you." He said. "M-Mark an-nd Sean are s-still out there and w-who knows what they're going through right now!! I-I promised them I'd escape with them but I broke that promise!"

You felt tears weld up in your eyes after your confession. "It's ok, we'll search for them too. Now, stay still." You feel something wet and warm being placed on your forehead, making your whole body relax. "Thanks.." You mumble. "Oh by the way, the name's Katie!" You shook Katie's hand gently and she gave you a warm smile.

"We'll search for them too..."