Chapter 3 : Jet Black Wings! | Batter Up!

'Wait! That really happened!? Ugh, I just had to be sick that day!' I whine to Kusuo-kun, who just told me about Magician-san's live performance and the nasty assistant Janet. I'm happy for him and Micheal-san, the old man who cleaned up, they're partners again!

'It was a pain.' Kusuo-kun responded, most likely grabbing his notebook from his desk. 'Good grief, another one showed up.'

'He most likely wants to be friends! I know you hate attention, but being friends with me hasn't caused you trouble has it?' I don't get a response, which made my mind wonder. Of course, I don't want the psychic to hear so I had set my "mind barrier" back to normal. 'Has our friendship actually cause trouble? God I'm thinking like back then again when I ignored him! Don't think like this (Y/n)! He wanted to be friends, even if he's inconvenienced he's the one who asked for it! Although....I hate to be that kind of person...'

I sighed to myself, my thoughts just running wild. 'I don't want to do anything that would be trouble to him, even though I do that anyways...But I can't help myself, he's my best friend.'

I ended up in a sad mood for the rest of school, everyone was able to tell so they let me be. When school ended I went to Kusuo-kun and told him I needed to be alone, since I hadn't lowered my mind barrier he only nodded and went home without me. I didn't walk home, I decided to head to the arcade. I didn't realize, but Nendou-kun had spotted me and followed me.

"(L/n)-chan!" I screamed when he greeted right next to me.

"Nendou-kun!? D-don't scare me like that!"

"Oh? Sorry about that! Hey wait a minute." He looked around beforeing asking, "where's our buddy?"

"Saiki-kun? Oh! He wanted to head home and I wanted to be here. So we split." I lied. I didn't want to be rude and tell him I wanted to be alone, and for me to tell him to buzz off.

"What!?" He exclaims, he seems to do that a lot. "But you two are practically inseparable!"

"Really? I doubt that, we just hang out a lot. It comes with being neighbors." I explained.

"Oh..." He stayed quiet, staring at me before he slapped my back. "Well if ya say so! Let's play some games!"

I ended up playing every game with Nendou-kun, he seemed pretty persistent on making sure I was having fun. Not to mention the giant stuff animal he ended up winning for me! It was really fun, but I couldn't help but think of Kusuo-kun at times. Eventually the sun was setting. So I said my goodbyes to Nendou-kun, carrying my giant bunny. As I walked home, I see someone from school sitting down tired.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, shifting the stuffy in my arms. His head jerked towards me and he immediately got up.

"I-I'm fine! Never better!" He exclaimed, his body language obviously showing his shyness.

"Are you sure? You seemed trouble."

"I'm looking for someone actually, I doubt you would've seen him." He responded, looking solemn. I asked who he was looking for, he then showed me a drawing of some kind of demon. "H-he's what I call a trickster."

When he explained what happened to make him want to find the "trickster", I instantly knew who he was talking about Kusuo-kun. "Ah, yeah. You're right, I've never seen someone like that before-" I felt a hand on my shoulder suddenly, me and the boy looked to see the exact person in the drawing! As soon as we see it, the trickster disappears.

"Wh-wha-" I was interrupted by the boy's scream of terror. "Hey calm down! He's gone."

"Huh? Ah yeah!" He calmed down and we eventually introduced ourselves. His name was Kaidou Shun, or Jet Black Wing? He muttered something like that. "Oh your the PK mother!"