Chapter 4 : Lovers Fighting! & The First Day of Second Year!

"Saiki-kun! I thought you would wait for me from now on!" I called out to my best friend, who just saved a puppy by lifting the truck that was about to run over it. You see, my best friend is an all powerful psychic.

'You took too long to change your shoes.' He responded blankly, I glared.

"Wait till Kurumi-san hears about this!" I threatened, he only looked at me with his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

'You wouldn't dare.' He responded, I smirked at him challengingly. 'Fine then, no more asking me to get you your favorite dessert or "borrowing" my stuff.'

"What!? But you know I can barely afford that stuff! And you let me borrow that stuff, I returned them eventually!" I exclaimed, trying to find any sign of bluff. Seeing none I immediately hugged his arm. "I'm sorry Saiki-kun! I won't tell your mom, I'll even get you more sweets!"

'That's what I thought. Now let go.' He shoved me off of him and we continued walking.

"Geez, seems like your trying to make me go broke." I pouted, counting the money I had in my wallet.

'Not my fault you owe me so much in sweets.'

"It's the only way I can sway you in my direction!" I punched his arm, sticking my tongue out at him. "You better not be this mean when I come over for dinner."

'Hmm?' He turned to me puzzled, before realizing what I said. 'Mom asked you over again? You should've declined.'

"We both know it's hard to decline to your mom, especially when she's so insistent." He nodded at my statement before asking me if this meant I was gonna be alone at home again. "Yep, Mom is taking care of my pregnant aunt back in America. And Dad has to work overnight this week."

Some people may think this was sad and such, but I found this normal. Ever since moving to Japan, my parents had been busy with various things. This happened so often that when the Saiki family found out I was usually the only one living in my house, the Saiki household basically became my second home. So not only did I get to not live at an empty home sometimes, I got to get closer to Kusuo-kun!

As we arrived at our houses, I see Kusuo-kun's father, Kuniharu-san, sitting outside the house. When he finally noticed us he jumped up standing. "Welcome home Kusuo-kun! You took your sweet time didn't you? Oh hello (Y/n)-chan!"

"Hello Kuniharu-san! What are you doing outside?" I asked.

"Ah, well...It's complicated." He rubbed the back of his neck while answering me.

'It's not, he got locked out again.' Kusuo-kun explained, unlocking the door with his powers. 'Come on in (Y/n), I can tell this night will be a pain.'

"Well thank you for having me!" I smiled as I walked beside my best friend, taking off my shoes before putting on the (f/c) slippers they specifically got for me. I did mention this was practically my second home, the only difference is I didn't have a room here.

"You know Kusuo, with those powers of yours. Don't you think there's a better use for it?" Kuniharu-san asked, his face having a evil look on it.

'I already heard you thoughts, just what are you thinking in front of your child?' Kusuo-kun responded, looking annoyed at his father like usual.

"Kuu-chan, you home? Is (N/n)-chan with you?" I hear Kusuo-kun's mother, Kurumi-san, call out. Kuniharu-san quickly left towards the women's voice.

'Here we go again.'

"How much you willing to bet it will escalate to the table being thrown? I'd say, a coffee jelly." I sighed, Kusuo-kun already told me what was going on. He even told what they actually think, because I at first was worried over it. But now even I get annoyed over this pointless fight.