Chapter 7 : The Song Of The Soul | Redesigning the Saiki Household!

"Oh so that's what happened." I sighed, sitting up from Kusuo-kun's bed. He had just explained what happened during PE the other day. "That explains why Hairo-kun wanted to ask me questions about you."

"Also Kusuo-kun, why am I here?" I asked as he sat down in front of his TV. He pointed to the game case before starting the game, I lifted the case to read it. "Oh! This game! I wonder how you'll start."

As soon as the game started, Kusuo-kun checked his stats. Max stats and money, not to mention the best armour that can't even be removed. "Wow...what the fuck!? When I played it I had the absolute worst shit! Not fair." I whined, leaning against his shoulder childishly.

'Let's go get some sweets.'

"Huh? Don't you want to at least try playing?" I asked.

'Why? There's no achievement with all that, come on.' He grabbed my hand and dragged me up and out the house.

"Geez! No need to be pushy!" I chided as I was dragged.

We started to walk when Nendou-kun came across us. "Oh? Hey buddies! Let's go get some ramen!"

He eventually started following thinking we were leading him to a ramen shop. "Hey, what's that crowd looking at?" Nendou-kun asked. "Is it a new ramen shop!? Let's check it out!"

'That's not it you moron.' Kusuo-kun explained. 'Just look up.'

I followed what he said and realized there was a man! He's going to jump! 'Kusuo-kun! He's going to jump! He have to stop him!'

He didn't respond, seemed to be in thought. I couldn't take it and sped towards the building, running to the roof. I didn't notice Nendou-kun or Kusuo-kun following me. "Ossan! Don't do it! Please!"

"What's this? You've come to dissuade me?" Ossan asked as he gripped the railing.

"Dissuade!? Look man, what are you doing here!? You wanna die!?" I heard Nendou-kun yell.

"Nendou-kun! Let me handle this please! Ossan please get away from there, you must have something to look for!" I cried in fear of him jumping. "You must have a dream you want to accomplish!"

I took a step closer before Ossan shouted, "Don't take a step closer! I'll jump if you do."

I stopped, almost in tears. "Please Ossan, you can't..."

I couldn't see anymore when Kusuo-kun stepped in front of me. 'You don't need to see this.'

'I'm sorry.' He didn't respond, watching the scene unfold of Nendou-kun dragging Ossan away from the railing.

"I give up, looks like I don't have the courage to jump after all." Ossan sighed. "My hand just wouldn't move."

'I'm guessing that was you Kusuo-kun.' I thought to Kusuo-kun, wiping my eyes. "What made you want to jump Ossan?"

"Well, a little project of mine ended in failure." Ossan explained. "And stuck me with a debt of ten million yen."

"What!? Ten million!? How did that happened!?" Ossan then explained his story of wanting to be a musician, shady producer scamming him, and being in dept. He then took a CD and gave it to me. "Here, for trying to help you can have this. I still have ten thousand after all..."

Nendou-kun took from me to try and listen to it. After some more explanation from Ossan, I noticed Nendou-kun was crying. "Nendou-kun?"

"This music is amazing! You're a genius Ossan!" He cried. "If you sold this, it'll be a hit!"

"You think so?" Ossan looked unsure but Nendou-kun persisted.

After some failed attempts to sell the CDs, Nendou-kun somehow got Ossan to do a live performance on the streets. It was very loud, like my ears started to hurt from the sheer volume. I had sat next to Kusuo-kun, overlooking his shoulder to read along with the book he had.