Chapter 9: Beach Fun! | Love Rival Arrives!

"Hey Partner! Wanna go to the beach?" Nendou-kun asked, standing in the doorway of Kusuo-kun's house. "Oh? Hey (L/n)-chan!"

"Hi Nendou-kun!" I smiled, taking some joy in Kusuo-kun's slightly annoyed face.

"K-K-Kuu-chan's friend!?" Kurumi-san exclaimed beforing crying in joy. "This is the first time Kuu-chan invited a friends over that wasn't (N/n)-chan!"

"Oh? Saiki I didn't know you had a sister!" Nendou-kun's statement made the woman cry more. The two continued to talk until he mentioned the beach.

"Oh you're gonna take Kuu-chan to the beach? How nice!"

"Yep, I was gonna invite (L/n)-chan too. Good thing I don't have to find her house!" Nendou-kun laughed.

"Ooh! Hurry up you two, go get ready!"

"I would love to but-"

'I'm not going, I can't be both-' Kusuo-kun and I started before being interrupted by his mother.

"Your friend came all this way to invite you. You're both going to the beach."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I never thought your mother's wrath would be aimed at me at any point." I said shivering from the memory of her glare. "I knew she was scary but I couldn't imagine the fear I felt when those eyes stared at me."

After changing into my swimsuit I walked out of the changing room. Looking around until I see Kusuo-kun's pink hair.

"Come on you guys! The water is so refreshing!" I heard Nendou-kun shout at the other two on the sand.

"Sorry for taking too long guys!" I said, running up to them.

"It's okay!" Nendou-kun smiled, before noticing my swimsuit. "Whoa! You look amazing in that (L/n)-chan!"

"Y-you think so?" I asked, starting to get self conscious. "Th-thank you."

After setting down my own towel I went into the water to swim. Of course Nendou-kun joined and we had a splash fest. Only until after a few minutes of the water fight did we notice the other two staying under the umbrella.

"Why are you guys just staying on the beach? The water is so refreshing!" I exclaimed. Nendou-kun and Kaidou-kun started to argue, ending with Kaidou-kun needed saving from Hairo-kun because he can't swim.

"Oh Hairo-kun! So nice to see you!"

"You too (L/n)-chan!"

"What are you doing here?" Nendou-kun asked. "Ya came here to swim too?"

"No, I'm volunteering as a lifeguard." Hairo-kun explained. "Well I'm going back to work. If you need help just yell!" Soon someone shouted that they were drowning.

"I'LL SAVE YOU!!" Hairo-kun dashed away immediately after hearing that shout.

"Wow, volunteering in this heat?"

"Saiki-kun, you aren't gonna swim?" I asked as I sat next to him.

'Don't worry about me. Go have some fun.' I pouted a little.

"Geez, that guy doesn't understand the sea! It's meant to be looked at not swimmed in!" Kaidou-kun said as he took out two hoop floats. "But if you want to go in I have an extra on for you Saiki."

'No thanks.' Kusuo-kun replied. 'You can act chummy if you want but at least I know how to swim.'

'Kusuo-kun! Be nice!' I sighed, resting my head on Kusuo-kun's shoulder. 'You know for an all powerful psychic, you sure are boring sometimes.'