Chapter 13: PK Sports Festival!

It's the sports festival! An entire month since I yelled at Saiki-kun...

He seemed to have gotten better, but still upset. I don't know what's going on in his head anymore, it worries me. I've wanted to confront him about it, but I haven't yet. I guess I was too scared, due to my worry of being too nosy or worried.

"Listen up guys!" Hairo-kun's voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Today is finally the sports festival! We all worked hard for this day, today..."

"We will be the champions!" Everyone in class cheered.

I didn't join the cheer though, as I focused on something that wasn't today.

'I wished I stayed home.' I could see Kurumi-san and Kuniharu-san being their funny selves. I smiled at how happy they were, even if they were supposed to be cheering for Kusuo-kun.

"Sports festival, what a joke." I turned to see Kaidou-kun, oh boy he's wearing his headband as an eyepatch. "Using one's energy for something other than fighting is stupid."

"Oh really Kaidou-kun?" I asked, he flinched and instantly got flustered. "I mean, wouldn't you go crazy from nothing but fighting?"

"Wha-I-" he coughed. "Not unless you're sole duty is to fight and protect the innocent!"

'How adorable.' I smiled, seeing him go into full chuunibyou mode.

"You're hopeless at exercise!" Nendou-kun exclaimed, surprising both of us.

"Nendou-kun! Don't scare us like that!"

"Oh? Sorry (L/n)-chan!"

"Saiki-kun! And you guys too!" Hairo-kun called out. "Show me your true power today! I'm counting on ya!"

"Well duh! You and Nendou-kun got such physical strength! And Kaidou-kun..." I quickly tried thinking of something. "Ah, he can..."

"He can do his best!" I shouted, unconsciously giving the miffed boy head pats. I realized and stopped, then decided to adjust the boy's headband. "And your headband is slipping, we wouldn't want you to trip and fall!"

As I did this I didn't notice the others looking and having the same thought. 'Mom...'

"Anyway, the other classes look pumped as well." Hairo-kun pointed out.

Class 1, what I like to call the Clever class. They have a circle as their symbol.

Class 2, the sportsy class. They got a plus sign as their symbol.

Class 4, that one class with the smart egocentric guy. They have a square.

Class 5, megane class. They got a star, lucky.

Our class has a symbol too, but it seems to change between a triangle or three squiggly lines. Guess some people can't be consistent.

"All of our classes are opponents that we cannot let our guard down to! Let's do our best!"

"Yeah!!"

~~~~~~~

"First up is the one hundred meter dash! Competitors assemble at the start line!"

"You're up Saiki-kun!" Everone in class cheered for the pinkette. I smiled, but my own conflicting thoughts made me hold back from cheering.

As Saiki-kun ran, I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Chiyo-chan. "Oh hey! What's up Chi-chan?"

"Are you okay? You seem sad."