Chapter 13.5: Café "Hangout"

Hey, this is a little note addressing the confusion of the milf comment in chapter 1 some seem to have. It seems some believe it was Saiki that thought it, when it was actually the second years.

How I write Kusuo from his perspective is really...lazy I'll say, since he's a psychic he doesn't see the need to explain and describe everything. At least that's my interpretation. And I never have his thoughts italicized nor in any kind of quotations. Unless he's using telepathy or it's in 3rd person, then it's italicized but also underlined.

I have weird ways of separating what Saiki is doing, for example

'talking' (normal)
'using his other thought powers that isn't telepathy' (italicized)
'using telepathy/thinking' (italicized and underlined)
"Actually talking" (only used rarely for emotional scenes, can be italicized and underlined for emphasis on it)

An example for the last is actually in the same chapter as the milf thing. The end of chapter 1, he actually talks! That wasn't a mistake on my part, I meant to do that. Surprised everyone didn't acknowledge it...probably just thought it was a typo huh?

So now that that's out of the way, enjoy the dat- I mean..."hangout" hehe

Also this is all completely originally thought of by me, not based on any chapter so it might be short

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Saiki-kun, where are you taking me?" I asked as the silent psychic drags me downtown, pulling me by my wrist gently. He doesn't respond and just continues walking.

"Can I at least get a hint? Is this supposed to be some sort of surprise?" He stays silent, having us cross a street or two. "Dude seriously, you're starting to worry me."

'Just be patient.'

"Oh so he speaks!" I exclaimed dramatically, scaring and weirding out the people around us. "Pay no attention, dumb American here."

'Really?'

"He still speaks!" He sighs, easily what I can tell is from annoyance.

'Just be quiet.'

"No, I don't think I will." He didn't respond, continuing to drag me. "Come on bro!"

'Don't just start talking in English.'

"Oh I will, and I'll recite every dead American meme I know until you tell me!"

'I doubt-'

"Try me bitch."

'(Y-'

"I WANNA BE A-"

Suddenly his hand moved to cover my mouth, causing me mumble out the rest of the meme. I gave up after that, seeing as his grip was starting to hurt.

'Kay dude, chill. I'll stop!'

He let go of my face, grabbing my hand instead and rushing to our mystery destination. Eventually, after passing by the large crowd we reached it.

"A cafe? Why-"

'Don't question it.' He dragged me into the cafe, taking a booth seat. It was only until we entered a cat cafe.

"Okay..." We soon got our table and sat down, cats running around us.

"Saiki-kun, what's going on? Is this supposed to be some sort of apology?" I asked. He stiffened, looking at me in surprise. "What's that look for? I may not be a psychic but I can at least read your mind."

He just stares, until the waiter walked up to take our orders. I smiled and took it, ordering something sweet for the cats as well. A little savannah cat stalked up to our table when the order came, sniffing up at us.

"Hey little guy." I cooed at the cat, grabbing a small amount of the dry cat food. "You want some?"

'That's unsanitary.'

"It's just a cat."

'A cat that's planning to eat your hand.' He responded, glaring at the now frightened feline.

"Saiki..." I sighed, shaking my head as I tried to comfort the animal. "It's okay, the big meanie head won't hurt you~"

'Oi.'

"Shush meanie." I teased, now giggling as the cat was rubbing against me. I didn't get a response from the pinkette, so I just continued to play with the felines that came near. "Wow they're all gathering! They must like me hehe!"

'Oh yeah, not like they don't know you have food for them.' He said, staring at me now. I'll admit it felt weird to not have him be as witty as usual, he probably felt like it was a good time. But, I honestly wanted him to act his usual self. That's the Kusuo I know.

"Well you better eat your stuff before that tabby takes it." I said, watching him realize the cat was dangerously close to his dessert. I laughed as he made the cat run away via telepathy, he just doesn't know how to be nice to animals. "Be nicer dude, they're harmless."

'Yeah right.' He then started to eat his food, giving a signal for me to do it too. But I just couldn't! Not with all these cats around trying to gain attention! I didn't even notice how Kusuo had to save my food from cats stepping on it and trying to eat it. Some even climbed onto my head and shoulders! It was paradise!

"This is the best!" I giggled, trying to pet as many of the cats as possible. Kusuo only just shook his head.

'You look like a crazy cat lady.'

"Hey! Rude!" I huffed, planning to ignore him and continue to pet the cats. But soon our time was up, Kusuo asking for my food to be boxed. As we left I could hear the cats meowing loudly, some even trying to stop us from leaving.

"Oh my god-"

'Nope.' He had to drag me out before I ended up crying from the cuteness. 'We have other things to do, so let's go.'

"Really? I thought it was just that." I said, curious as to what he had planned.

The whole day we did a bunch of activities, playing at the arcade and winning so many stuffies. Visited different cafes to try their sweets and drinks. He even teleported us to a secluded island to relax! It was amazing!

"Thanks Kusuo-kun." I said, smiling up at him. We had just recently teleported back to his room. "This was one of the best hangouts we ever had!"

A small smile crossed his lips, flicking my forehead. 'Whatever.'

"Hehe, I forgive you Kusuo." I said, yawning as I cuddled one of his pillows. "Man your bed is so comfy, what the hell does your mom use to clean the sheets?"

'Hell if I pay attention to that.'

"Hmm." I hummed, my eyes feeling heavy. I felt something cover my body before something else started to pet my head.

'Get some rest.'