Chapter 19

"On the one hand, Tom Riddle, poor but brilliant, parentless but so brave, school prefect,
model student... on the other hand, big, blundering Hagrid, in trouble every other week, trying to
raise werewolf cubs under his bed, sneaking off to the Forbidden Forest to wrestle trolls"
HP2

~~~~~~

The bullying problem softened in the following days.
Tom didn't say clearly that he would have helped Evelyn. He had just helped her sneak away from the Slytherin dungeon without getting caught and then she noticed the little changing.
It wasn't recovered between them tho. She couldn't easily forgive him his harsh words. He decided to follow a dangerous path in his life and she didn't want just to follow him as she was only his pet. They needed to find an equilibrium if they wanted their relationship to survive.

"I'm sick of seeing you angry at me" Tom complained following her after their reunion with the professors and the othr prefects.
"It's not my fault" she said blankly.
He grabbed her arm and made her turn to face him "I want this to work, but you take any chance to turn against me. I hate it. What's wrong if I want to know more about you and your family? For my whole life I tried to learn about my own family, just to be endlessly disappointed. At least your family is far more interesting. But if you hate me because I'm nobody for you, then just leave".
She frowned at his way to twist the facts thay turned them against each other "I don't care about your past, your family, your lack of money. In these last weeks you turned my world upside down, you fought to win me as I'm a trophy, you made me do that against my cousin, you found the Chamber, you forced me to make that...".
"Forced?" He interrupted her "I asked you. I didn't rape you, Evelyn. I just wanted you. You don't understand how it was for me to slid down the tubes to find myself alone facing the basilisk. Do you think it was easy for me to tell you that I almost feared to die? To die before I was able to make a horcrux? That's why I was so impatient to live something new with you just as I'm impatient to make a horcrux".
"And why didn't you tell me about it, before asking me to be yours just because you've found out you were the Heir?".
"I did. I talked to you also before making it. I shared my emotions with you, but you seemed so indifferent. As you would rather have me dead in the Chamber".
He kept turning around the misunderstandings. Evelyn wondered why it was so hard to be honest with him and for him to do the same "I wasn't indifferent, I was freaking out because of what we were going to do! You were so lost in your self acclamation that you didn't realize I wasn't ready for that. You mistook the order of the things to be done. You had to tell me about your adventure in the Chamber first, then I would probably have been the one to assault you".
Her words surprised him "Seriously?".
She felt blushing "Yeah, you fool. Or better, if you allowed me to follow you into the Chamber, the fear would have made me do it. But you gave me no choice as usual and that's what is really pissing me off".
He pondered her words, then said softly "Alright. So if I admit that I made some big mistakes and if I promise you that I will ask for your advice before taking any decision, will you give me any chance?".
Evelyn stared at him asking the question to herself "Yes, I think I would".
He nodded carefully, then added biting his lip with uneasiness "And you would agree to try again... would you allow me to get you into bed again?".
The idea made her nervous, but she knew she couldn't avoid forever the handsome boy in front of her "Only if you respect your other promise".
"Of course. I won't hurt you again, I swear".
"So can you also swear that you're not making all this drama just to get me into bed with you again?".
"Yes, I can swear. But I warn you that I'm not very inclined to delay it any longer" his provocative look made her legs feel weak.
"Delay?" She repeated shocked.
"Yeah, I can't delay it" he raised his hand to touch the hair on her shoulder, then whispered hotly "If only you can understand how much I want you".

And so it happened again.
When Evelyn imagined to get some distance to be free to think clearly about their relationship, instead she found herself in bed with him. And as he promised, he made that second time perfect.
She had no regrets. She felt that her life was meant to live just to experience at least once something so powerful and so enjoyable.
It made them grow closer, healing the fights they had in the previous days. She would easily grab his arm while walking in the crowded corridors and he would wrap an arm around her shoulder.