2.

Nigeria, Abuja.

"AZRAA!!!" I jumped up.

"what is wrong with you, what did you scream my name like that ?"

This girl is crazy.

"I've been calling you since. I stood at your back, calling, Azraa, Azraa, Azraa, you didn't even bulge, what are you thinking about " Amna defended.

Oh....

"Oh. Sorry" I apologized moving past her, so we could get to school. It was a cloudy Wednesday morning and you would think rain is about to fall, but we knew better than to trust this Nigerian weather.

"keh, zo nan(come here)" she stopped me.

What now.

"what now? See we'll be late oo, and me I'll find my way and leave you " I wasn't in the mood to chat this morning, as you can see my non chalant behavior.

'you're still thinking, aren't you? That's why you're being all snobby, but let me tell you something aunty, you can be snobby to everybody but not me ooo. Whatever you're feeling, I want you to say it, tell me, even if they are rubbish I want to hear. Azee, i know how disturbing it could be, after hearing what your sister said, but you have to be strong, you can't just zone out like this, it's not good for you, for our exams that's coming up and your parents too"

Well that was long.

I was speechless, truth be told, I was sad, devastated. I told Amna, everything that happened.

"okay" I replied nonchalantly.

"Don't okay me. I swear, we are not leaving here, unless you tell me that you will stop thinking about it, and keep that smile that everyone loves on your face. And did I mention you're so ugly when you squeeze your face like that" she teased and I laughed.

"Good. That's what I want to see. Now let's go " she tucked her hand in mine as we went to school.

******

School was hectic as normal, we did practical as if we were going to die. Those people did not let us rest oo. They have just been ranting about the waec and jamb that we are too write, and that we need to be 100% serious if we want to go to university. I really can't count how many times they've said that now.

I get all their rant and all, jamb is only two weeks away.

It was 2:00pm. Lunch time and also zuhr (noon prayer that Muslims pray).

"I'm hungry fah" I told Amna as we walked to the mosque.

"me too. After prayer, let's go and eat" she said.

Our school is both day and boarding, if you wished to be a boarder or day student, your choice. Though it was made compulsory for all ss3 students to come to boarding, for extra lessons and stuff.

We eat five times a day, as it was a private school. Breakfast, brunch , lunch, dinner, and then night cap( it consisted of just a drink and maybe biscuits or cake or any other snack.)

We prayed our salat(prayers) and moved to the dinning.

"Amnatu, I don't know how else you want this boy to show it to you again. I swear he's crushing on you badly"

"Who?" she asked as we were almost at our destination. The breeze nowadays eh, I wonder. And our skirts did no justice as the blue flay-knee length skirt rose up anytime, breeze came. Thank God I wear tights.

"As if you don't know who I'm talking about. Mcthewee" I hissed.

"ahn ahn, I don't know now"