6.

I've had writers block for like days now.  I'm even speechless.  The idea is there but I don't know how to start.  Anyway let's see how it goes.  Enjoyyy!!!!

Nigeria, Abuja.

"Daddy please now, I promise I'll be more careful"

"Azraa it's not like I don't want to buy it for you but you're too careless"  well ouch.

"Daddy but you know it wasn't my fault, it wasn't even in my hand o"

"Then you should tell your matron  to buy you a new one "

Ehhhhh.....

I have been begging and doing good girl since for my dad, just to buy me a new phone,  but imagine see what he said.  How would I even tell her to buy me a new one. The woman that is even struggling for herself and her family,  I should now tell her that.  If you even see the phone that she is using,  hmm.

I just told her to leave it because she was really sorry and I could see it.  It'll just look very disrespectful and bad to tell her to pay me.

Haba..

"Ah daddy"

"what happened.  She's the one that broke it now.  Azraa do you know how much that phone cost"  dad complained.

Daddy never complains like this,  I'm not saying he spoilt us with money or gave us everything we needed anything we asked for it,  that wasn't it.  But things like phone, clothes and all the stuffs, he never complained about them not since I was born and had sense to know what's going on.

A sudden pang of sadness hit me when he said those  words.  Our situation was bad and now it was starting to reflect.

"Sorry daddy " I apologized with my head down.

"no, no I'm not saying you did anything wrong.  I'll buy you a new phone  but not now and it won't be as expensive as the last one.  Azraa things are easy,  everyone is struggling " He spoke standing up from the bed.

I was using a Samsung Galaxy s8, and now I was going down to whatever was next.  Not that I minded,  well maybe a bit but it was the least of my concern.

What did bother me, was,  he was struggling to meet ends and here I was asking for a new phone,  but you know, who doesn't need a phone and a good phone for that matter.

Well maybe it's just me, but I really do like having a phone.

"After your jamb,  you'll get it" he concluded.

"Thank you sir" and I left.

To say boredom wanted to kill me would be an understatement. I have been home for only two days now and I feel like dying.  Uncle sahhy usually goes out early to do God knows what,  mummy has gone to work,  it was only daddy and I.  And this senseless Nepa people have carried their light, it's not like I can come and watch TV sef.

And worst of all no Phone.

Well it's just for some time, my jamb is next tomorrow so I'll soon get my phone.

So...  What should I do.

Hmmm

"He has done it for me,  he has done it for me, untohhhh, They have brought light,  Haha, Nepa(commonly known as Nepa but it is AEDC, they are responsible for the light in Nigeria) shame on you" Heheheh.  I sang happily as I saw light.

Just when I thought I had nothing to do.

God is wonderful.  Heh.  As if Nepa are not the light.