Chapter 8

The question brought all the strength back into me. I had to do something fast. Father could be coming back home any time. Oh my God! Allah! Help me Lord!

PLEASE GO TO SOME OTHER PLACE AND LEAVE FROM INFRONT OF MY HOUSE. I BEG YOU. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT MY FAMILY WILL DO TO ME IF YOU DO THIS. PLEASE. JUST LEAVE. I was begging and I felt absolutely no shame. All I felt was the impending doom that was coming my way like a huge bull that was ready to rip me apart. I was scared, more scared than I had ever been. I had never had to experience something like this before.

I will leave if you agree to be my girlfriend. Was he still going on about this? What part of no didn't get into his thick skull? But I couldn't trigger him anymore. I could digest the part about him knowing where I studied and what my name was but knowing my home address was beyond terrifying. I did not have the upper hand here. I had to resort to begging to convince him to leave me be.

I am sorry I can't be your girlfriend. My family will kill me if I do something like that. Please just leave me alone. Right now, my aim was to convince him to leave from in front of the house before my father got home. It was no joke on what they would do to me if this guy actually goes along with what he is saying.

Don't beg me like that. It makes me feel bad. THEN LEAVE DAMN IT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I had wanted to say that but I was on the losing side right now and there was no way what this guy could do if I made him angry right now.

Please just leave before my father gets here. If he sees you, it will be the end of me. I wasn't lying, I am pretty sure my brothers would hit me for sullying the family honor. The Orthodox extremist mentality ran deep in my family. They had never hit me before but my mother had always warned me that if I tried something like this, I was bound to get hurt. They may never let me leave the house again and make me marry some cousin of mine when I am at the appropriate age.

I have already told you, I will leave if you agree to my wish. This was causing me stress, it was suffocating me but I couldn't panic, I had to fix this mess before it's too late.

I can't but listen hey, we can talk this out. I swear, we can talk about this maturely so for now just leave. I hope he agrees to my suggestion. I was willing to talk this out, to try my hardest to convince him because none of the options he was offering were working in my favor.

So you mean you will consider it then? Will I really consider it? No, but he didn't need to know that.

Yes! Yes, I will consider it so just leave. I hope he agrees.

Alright, Misha, if you say so, I am going to hold you to your words. Don't go back on them or you know I can find you easily. I know, I know so just leave. I nodded my head eagerly as if he could see me right now.

Yes, alright. Just go away for now, alright? Please.

Relax, I am leaving. I heard the sound of a car engine turning on and cautiously walked to the window to see Ibraheem blowing me a kiss as he drove off. I breathed a sigh of relief as I lost strength in my legs once again, falling to my knees as I held unto the wall for support. This was one of the scariest moments of my life. I had never wanted to experience something as deadly scary as this again.

So, about our talk, I will let you give me a convincing reason as to why you should not be my girlfriend.

Uh, like I already told you but I will say it again. My family is extremely conservative and strict. I have never had a guy friend, let alone a boyfriend and my family isn't about to make exceptions even now. We really can't talk, Ibraheem. I don't know what kind of girls you have met before but I am not like them. If my brothers find out I have a boyfriend, they will hurt me, ground me and most probably get me married to whoever they deem appropriate when I am at the right age. I don't know why I had decided to be completely honest with this guy. Maybe, it was because it was my first time having a proper conversation with a person from the opposite gender who wasn't a blood relative of mine. Maybe, the fact that HE HAD BEEN STANDING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE LITERALLY MINUTES AGO triggered my honesty. You never know.

Well, that does sound bad. So what shall I do now? Uh how about leaving me alone? I had wanted to offer that as a suggestion but I knew he won't comply.

What do you mean? My question was as obvious as my confusion. Does he still not get it?

I mean, I had expected us to be a couple by now but that didn't go so well but I am not about to leave you alone. WHY THE HELL NOT, YOU ANNOYING JERK? Hold it back, Misha, you can't lose your cool, not after making it so far.

Why not? I sounded whiny but I didn't mind at this point.

Because you intrigue me. I am not used to being refused, especially from a girl. Well, sir, you just tasted reality for the first time. It's better and you are going to hate it here.

This isn't a fictional drama, Ibraheem. Stuff like this happens and then you accept it. I didn't care if I sounded bitter but I wasn't about to get my head handed to me in a silver plate because of his stupid intrigue.

Yes, but stuff like this doesn't happen with me so it's hard to accept it. I am still going to get to know you. You can't say no unless you want me to ask your parents about you. The threat was loud and clear. Just when I had started to think that this man had perhaps a conscience deep within it but I was really pushing my luck.

Don't make me angry, Misha. It's not an idea you want to get used too.