Chapter 17

It was already Mid-April. I had half a month left to prep for my CIEs. Ibraheem was being awfully nice and considerate. It was hard to believe he was the same guy who was bombarding me with threats on the smallest of issues just a month ago. He was being a gentleman, if he even knew what that was.

He would send me a morning text and ask me my plan for the day, then he would check up on me around lunch time and then send me a night text late at night. It was weird but nothing scary so I was fine with it. He definitely gave me the time to study in peace. It had become a daily routine of sorts. There was time I was even looking at my laptop to expect his message. He was pretty punctual and if he was late he would tell me why he was which was kind of cute.

For example, this one time, he messaged me at 5 p.m. rather than the normal 3 p.m. He told me his Lahori friends had come over and wanted to do Sheesha together and play snooker so he lost track of time. I knew he wasn't exactly the most upstanding citizen but he really knew how to rebel and do all the wrong things. I am pretty sure he drinks alcohol as well. This other time, he told he was going to attend an exclusive party, a rave, at his friend's farmhouse so I knew he wasn't exactly a clean person as I would like to think it. He was pretty transparent about it on his facebook, posting pictures with some random whiskey bottles and a gun on a table. How did I not see this coming?

Of course, he was related to some politician or something. His arrogant and fearless attitude coupled with his aura that screamed danger, I should have known. We talked for half an hour before I slept. He would usually just ask me questions like did I ever have an ex-boyfriend and if yes then who and all. I would tell him my brothers would beat the shit out of him and me if I had a boyfriend in the first place.

I had expected him to dodge any questions I would ask him about himself but he was unexpectedly very cooperative. I found out he had turned 21 this year, he was in the second year of medicine, he had absolutely no interest in it but he was doing it for his mother. He had a pretty good relationship with his father and mother because he was an only child. He then bragged about how he was untouchable back in Karachi because of his father's influence and he was used to getting into fights.

He told me, he had two close friends who he trusted with his life. One was his cousin, Kamran Khan and the other was his childhood best friend who he had grown up with, Fahad Abroo. Fahad was his age but Kamran was a year younger at 20. When I tried showing in his friends though, he snapped and said 'Why are you so interested?' I had wanted to retort with you are the one who told me about them in the first place but then I remembered who his father was and I decided not to annoy him further. It's not like I particularly cared what his friends did.

He then proceeded to tell me his hobbies which included hunting, snorkeling, drifting and aerial firing. Like I said before, why am I not surprised? He was such a stereotypical image of a politician's son or something. It actually made me laugh. He told me other things as well like how there was a firing once at his father's election campaign and he had got shot in his knee and I was just left speechless at the fact that something like this even happened. When I said I didn't believe him, he proceeded to send me a picture of his toned leg and knee which had the scar of a bullet wound.

For some reason, I felt pity for him. I remembered texting him that I was sad about the scar or something but that manipulative prick just distorted everything to his own benefit. The conversation went something like this:

I am sorry. I actually meant it. I don't know why I was apologizing for him getting shot but I felt upset about it. The pain he had to go through and stay strong by his father. It must have hurt.

Why are you apologizing? It's not like you shot me. I am proud of this. It's like coming back from a battle victorious. I rolled my eyes at this response. Is he an idiot or something?

Yeah, but it looks like it hurts so I just felt bad and all. I answered truthfully.

Oh, are you falling for me now? Making my pain yours? I rolled my eyes at this. Allah, help this idiot please.

No. My replies had gotten shorter after talking to him, maybe I was picking up on his annoying typing habits.

Relax, I am kidding, or am I? *Smirk Smirk* Yeah he definitely is an idiot. I ended up smiling at his reply and then snapped out of my trance and realized what I was doing. I then told him I had to study and ran off before he could drag me into another conversation.

He really had a way with words, they were annoying but definitely not boring. I think he can be a normal person when he tries to be. Apart from his occasional craziness and low-key and high key scary threats, he was a fun person to talk too but I could not forget the consequences incase my brothers' catch me talking to him. I needed to make him understand that this cannot go on. Since, he was being a cooperative person, he will understand my situation and leave me alone right? I mean, people can change, right?

Oh how wrong he had proved me only a short while later, making me take back any thoughts I had for him.